Magic 2012

What's your problem?

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

My son and I share an Xbvox console.

He has had his LIVE ID on his profile for a while and uses it for game purchases and downlaods etc.

We purchased Magic 2012 and he used points to purchase keys and unlock decks. Everything worked fine. On the download site it says that the keys can be used for "any profile on same console", however I could not get the keys to be seen on my profile or unlock any decks.

I then added my LIVE ID to my gamer profile. SInce then neither my son nor myself am able to purchase keys or unlock decks. It appears that by adding my LIVE ID to my profile on same console has broken both our accounts.

It is not a regional issue and local support are unable to assist. I tried to merge our profiles onto one LIVE ID, but the system will not let me do that either.

I then downloaded the first Magic release and the same issues occur. It lets us do seperate purchases at the game level, but when we get to ingame downloads everything freezes up on us.

How do we fix this problem?

I do not have the funds to buy a second console for myself

We do not want to share one gamer profile as we do not want each other playing on our accounts etc.

IS this just a Magic gsame problem? If so how do we rectify it?

Thanks for the assistance

Linda

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say you added your live id to your gamer profile?  Can you explain that a little further?  Were you offline only before?

Finally, even though it says the keys can be shared between profiles the keys are a one time use only.  Once used they are no longer available for use again.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am aware that the keys are a once off use. I attempted to load the purchased keys for my profile and it would not load. Instead of wasting the purchase my son then loaded it onto his profile. There was no attempt to use the key twice. The intention was to load it onto my gamer profile on the Xbox. As I did not have my LIVE ID associated to the gamer profile on the Xbox I asked my son to log on with his LIVE account on the XBOX and download keys.

I only play locally on the Xbox and as such had no need for a LIVE ID on my profile. The only reason I added a LIVE ID was to purchase the keys and use them on my individual profile.

On the Xbox we have three profiles

1. My son and from the beginning his LIVE ID associated to this gamer profile

2. My profile which did not have a Live account associated to it until a week agao when I added one.

3. My son's girlfriend which does not have a LIVE ID.

Only after I could not use the keys purchased online through my son's LIVE ID on the same console, I then added my own LIVE account to the profile on the Xbox.

Since then we have not been able to load ANY keys on ANY profile at all. My son still has an active key that he had not yet assigned and it will not allow him to use it.

My assumption is that even though Microsoft states that all profiles on a single console can use individual LIVE IDs for each profile, MAGIC is getting confused and as such is blocking both accounts now.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Seriously, what is wrong with this Xbox site and marketplace?

How did my profile show as Player639298496 in this last posting???

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2021 Views 4 Applies to: