Mage build advice and tips

Is a mage a very good build to help me get through the whole game with no game over screen?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Since it's "squad" based, what class you play is irrelevant.  Just consult the Dragon Age Wiki and get a clear understanding of how the Tactics screen works and you should be fine.

Does the official guide help or use the wiki site?

There are too many potential ways you can build your character too say that there is one bee all end all buid.

My advice is to invest in Force Mage and Primal.  Epic.

The wiki site is fine and will help with any questions you might have.  I don't know anything about the official guide -- I'm not made of money.

Elemental > Primal but they are both rocking. just spam AoE everything dies. Some points in spirit healer don't hurt

Should I do a female mage and a blood mage build will it help me get through very difficult bosses like Deep roads boss at the end of act 1?

if your going to be a healer the first thing you should ask yourself is are you going to be the healer of your team or do you want to do massive damage? becuase in my opinion its not good to be both since you have to divide your points. i've been both. also it kinda depends on your play style also, if you want to hang in the back and dont  like to be hit that much, choose the healer so you can heal and buff teammates. if you want to be in the middle of the action skip healer all together and go for the heavy duty spells.

Should I try both female mage and a male mage?

I want to bea a spirit healer type mage.Is Blood mage a bad choice?

Gender doesn't matter to combat or the overall story, just voice and a few dialog options.

Be whatever you want to be.  Having said that... Just be wary of becoming a "jack-of-all-trades" -- getting both "Blood Mage" and "Spirit Healer" specializations is probably NOT a good idea.  Also, it's probably best to fill out a single branch by level 16 or so.

Okay thanks for the advice and does the official guide help or visit a website guides.