Madden 12 Demo Pros and Cons.

The demo was released today and I have to say that they definitely changed it up. The player models are a little more detailed, and the game is much quicker than before. EA changed the kicking meter to a classic madden 2004 themed bar. Players are rated based upon real life and have attributes like for example AJ Hawk and Clay Matthews are both Clutch players. The passing game however is balanced very well, making it easy to throw the ball past defenders. They also included the sprint button, which is switchable on and off.

Everything else seems to work good, but the only con with the game is that it is extremely difficult to get a run game started. It could possibly be because the Packers defense overall is great, but playing the computer on All- madden I found myself only getting 1 to 2 yard carries. Also, there is no commentary which may be just because it's a demo, but hopefully in the actual game their is commentary so I can here all of the ridiculous things that commentators say.

Overall the demo gives you an alright feel for the game, hopefully the running game is a lot better when the game is released, and commentary is also added. Madden finally has made something that gives you good control over the game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I agree.

Run game: I do think the run game is about proper play calling and being patient and using the blocking and run to the hole the play is designed. You have to stick to the run.

Cons: for me its the the pre snap play calling. I just do not like using the D Pad. Some of the catch animations are a bit strange (reaching out and jumping for the ball in traffic) I do wish the players were a tad bigger. I also think the shuffle motioning is too fast and the player cover too much ground per stride for me.

Pros: Graphics are nice and some of the small details like the player's position on crack-back blocks and cut blocking were nice. The presentation was good. Lighting is good. The dirts kicking up on drag down tackles is a nice touch. Players faces under the helmet was good. Player sizes differences are good.

taron young

Here are a couple more cons too:

The kicking game is ruined due to its lack of response on the tapping of the A button in the green area.  Also flare passes to the TE or RB are going out of bounds....They had this fixed last year....hopefully it gets fixed ASAP because I played six demo games so far and am missing extra points and field goals....

Yea little flat passes if that's what you mean by flare go out of bounds all the time. And I cant understand why they always change the kicking bar. And the computer on all madden breaks every tackle.

MADDEN NFL 12 The DEMO I Love it all

Only complaint is the pre snap controls. But hey it can't be perfect. Otherwise the game is amazing. Seahawks on this game will be beastly!

They still wont beat the Rams though, were going to win both conference games.

I haven't had a chance to play the demo yet. But if it's anything like NCAA 12, I should be happy with this years Madden's (Assuming all these new features actually work and are useful and fun)

I don't understand why they keep changing the damn kick meter!! Go with what has worked in the past.

man everybody was hating on madden 11 and this madden 12 was a step back IMO it just looks and feels cheap and rushed come on ea

[quote user="Your Krazy Man"]

man everybody was hating on madden 11 and this madden 12 was a step back IMO it just looks and feels cheap and rushed come on ea

[/quote]

Living up to your name I see. The look and presentation of this game is easily the best football video game ever created. And that's just the demo. The gameplay is good, but I believe that all games gameplay has room for improvement, but still this one plays better than last year. You're living proof that some people just can't be satisfied.

Lets not forget, the Madden 12 demo is PRE-E3 build. .