M$ trying to force me into using a credit card?

I wanted to play Crysis so I went out and bought a 1600 point card, only to come home and find out I can't use M$ points to purchase it? What the hell is that? I thought M$ points were the same thing as cash so why do I have to set up a PayPal account or register a credit card to buy it? I'm about on my last straw with M$ lately. I had a credit card on my account a long time ago and will never have one again thanks to their god awful customer service. So now I just spent 20$ for nothing because I just now find out there are two different kinds of currency for Xbox Live.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I purchased Crysis with Microsoft points

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

I purchased Crysis with Microsoft points

[/quote]

The 1600 points I just put on my account aren't showing up as a payment option for it

I think I remember someone saying there should be an option to change payment method in another thread concerning a similar matter.

When the purchase screen comes up, press X to change the payment option to Microsoft Points. 

[quote user="voteDC"]

When the purchase screen comes up, press X to change the payment option to Microsoft Points. 

[/quote]

Wow never noticed that before, thanks for the info. I thought something like that would have been in the "change payment options" menu, shouldn't be surprised by their crappy design though, they did design these forums after all.

/end rage

Hey at least its better than PSN or Steam. Steam payment are only by credit card

Once i instantly purchase an item on PSN just by taping twice on the Thumbnail and all i wanted was to see the description.

[quote user="y3ivan"]

Hey at least its better than PSN or Steam. Steam payment are only by credit card

Once i instantly purchase an item on PSN just by taping twice on the Thumbnail and all i wanted was to see the description.

[/quote]Erm... Not even close. Steam accepts basically anything. Credit / Debit / Paypal / Prepaid Debit. You also have to go through about 3 windows so it's almost impossible to "accidentally" purchase something. 

Do u mean PSN had 3 windows? i remember tapping the circle twice and it jump to the purchased window.