M-COMM Defender ribbon

This is the last ribbon I need, and it's driving me crazy.

I've spent the last few nights playing mainly Squad Rush purely to get this, but the four kills seem impossible. I've read the thread a few pages back on the subject, along with a few other guides on the ribbon, but every game as defenders I either get a really skilled team that dont let the attackers anywhere near the spawn, squadmates that plant claymores and TUGS everywhere or face a proper team of attackers that wipe out the defenders, frag the M-COMM and then arm.

I've got 3 defends only a handful of times, so it's not even like I'm getting close. I just want the ribbon so I can go back to playing the game mode I enjoy; Conquest.

Does anyone think this is possible to be boosted? If we had a full squad that let the attackers reach the M-COMM then each member took their four kills while it is being armed, this would only take a single round. Is it possible for two pre-organised squads to face off in a Squad Rush?

If anyone is interested, let me know, I'd really appreciate the help with this one. Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Boooooo!

In Strike at Karkand, I think it is the first 'B' M-Comm you will defend. Anyway it will be the one right by the fountain. Well is you get a silenced gun and are very patient you will rack up lots of M-comm defenses. All you need to do is lay in the bushes that and face the M-Comm, make sure you are backed up enough to the fountain to where people cannot see you.

It seems that this spot is good for avoiding getting fragged, or killed a tank also. And it is real close to the M-Comm which equals real easy kills.

I play hardcore, not sure if that means anything, but just so ya know I guess.

[quote user="Rik N7"]Does anyone think this is possible to be boosted?[/quote]

Why? Just sit back and watch one objective and kill them when they are arming. If a teammate sets down explodes, be a bit prude and blow them up so they can get close for you. If it comes down to it, you can always just snipe them off it from afar.

Rik N7, the M-Com Defender Ribbon in BF 3 is much more difficult then any previous BF Games. With that said it was just about my last Ribbon (later below). I too was having the same difficulties you sound to be having. It was either randoms getting run over by the opposing Team so fast it seems I couldn't get to a M-Com Crate in time or they held their own far better then I wanted them to.

I found a few "solutions".

First, Map is everything. Pick a Map that you know of good camping grounds with line of sight to the M-Com and you are fairly well hidden. Camp away and so what, you're Defending. I found it easiest on Seine Crossing. The Third and Final Crates (either A or B on both) are by far the easiest because you can see them from a good distance and you have a few camping spots.  

Second, Squads. Don't even have one. You're only looking for four kills Total not annihilating the Enemy Team. Even Friends as Squad Members don't really contribute to this so much. It's about the only thing in BF3 that you want to do "lone wolf". Randy's will just give your position away almost every time by Spawning on or firing from your position.

Third, the Weapon. be simple, pick something simple. Use a FAMAS or a shoty like the 870 with Slugs and just stare at the M-Com. Make it quick and painless, not a fire fight.

Finally, Timing. Timing is everything. If you do manage to find yourself on a Team that sucks so bad they don't know square one what to do with an armed M-Com, you're doing good. Don't even bother with the set of Crates already armed. Simply go to your next location right away during that time. Sure as the sun a "hero" will be running by in no time to set the Crate. Just wait for them. If you die so be it, immediately go to the next Crate if your Team doesn't Disarm it. If not pick a camping ground again and get another kill.

This being said, I would not try to "boost" it. One, lame and boring. Two, it would probably be almost as difficult trying to "set-up" as it would be just to get it legitimately.

Now just Off Topic real quick. About creating a new Post and stated you read others. It is better to Post in one of those as being there might be someone who could have helped you much faster then looking through new Post. Your call either way but just don't necro dead old Threads with a one liner spam, lol people hate that.

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

[quote user="Rik N7"]Does anyone think this is possible to be boosted?[/quote]

Why? Just sit back and watch one objective and kill them when they are arming. If a teammate sets down explodes, be a bit prude and blow them up so they can get close for you. If it comes down to it, you can always just snipe them off it from afar.

[/quote]

This is lame, but why do you think you see some of these fools with super high ranks and SPM. They are boosting it up in Squad Rush. I would guess if you can find a miracle and get yourself and 7 others into one game. Then, it would be game on for any type of shenanigans you want to pull off.

Play Operation Firestorm. Put C4 around a M-Comm. Once an enemy starts to arm it, blow it up. Don't forget that you'll also have to camp like you never camped before.

[quote user="ReproductioN"]

Play Operation Firestorm. Put C4 around a M-Comm. Once an enemy starts to arm it, blow it up. Don't forget that you'll also have to camp like you never camped before.

[/quote]

Sounds like the beginning of a really good song....

play as support and use C4. don't be in a squad and listen for the sound of someone arming. takes a little bit of time but is doable. C4 is key for quick kill.

i think defending it with C4 must be the way to do it, place C4 on or right near the mcom, then go camp near by when the alarm goes off blow it, you get the kills then run in an disarm it. Or if you have a buddy with a tugs near it then watch for the red dots that get near the C4 markers and blow it before they arm it.

also a squad defender command on the Mcom will score more points for the leader of the squad, you know your in a bad game when your squad leader never issues a squad command, then you know that they don't ever spot.

[quote user="ReproductioN"]Play Operation Firestorm. Put C4 around a M-Comm. Once an enemy starts to arm it, blow it up. Don't forget that you'll also have to camp like you never camped before.[/quote]I think that is how i did it a while ago,Thing is though now alot of people tend to nade the m-comms on there way in i've noticed.I was playing rush quite recently and i was'nt having much luck with C4 anymore.