Lulwut tank sucks!?

Tanks are still as good as they've always been. ???

First match post-patch 11-1 Caspian? 2nd MVP (lost MVP by 20 points -.-)

-

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU TANK W@#$ES!?

So.. you complain it's too hard to take out air vehicles in your hidey hole, now your complaining that tanks suck? Lulwut?

-

/rant

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah they still destroy, I don't see why everyone is saying they suck. The splash damage is still there because I got a triple with it today.

If anything I feel they are weaker when it comes to armor and I feel javelins are a little OP now.

The problem is that javelins do too much damage, have a long lock-on range, and require no skill to hit. You can destroy tanks with these stupid noob-a** weapons from so far away and so quickly, there's literally nothing the tanker can do except spam smoke. Which is barrels of fun I guess? Choppers are also way too OP against tanks now. For me this patch was the final nail in the coffin for the game, in addition to the Close Quarters DLC. I'll probably play a few more rounds (didn't get to try aggressive recon after the patch yet, but I've heard it doesn't really work the same way it did with BC2) and then uninstall the game.

People are just upset because tanks aren't iWin buttons anymore.

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That is complete and utter [MOD EDIT]. The tanks were far from overpowered before the patch, there was a good balance. I never had issues taking out tanks on foot with RPGs by just staying on the move and playing smart. Btw DICE has already admitted they unintentionally nerfed the tanks with this patch, and some of the changes will be reverted. Yep, you're clueless.

-

edit: same goes for turtleclub

[quote user="Purple Motion"]

[/quote]

That is complete and utter [MOD EDIT] The tanks were far from overpowered before the patch, there was a good balance. I never had issues taking out tanks on foot with RPGs by just staying on the move and playing smart. Btw DICE has already admitted they unintentionally nerfed the tanks with this patch, and some of the changes will be reverted. Yep, you're clueless.

-

edit: same goes for turtleclub

[/quote]https://twitter.com/gustavhalling/status/186486736711450624 

That's a DICE dev. Won't happen. Oh and thanks for proving my point. 

https://twitter.com/gustavhalling/status/186486736711450624 

[/quote]

http://mp1st.com/2012/04/02/upcoming-battlefield-3-tweaks-to-suppression-shotguns-and-hopefully-vehicles-more-news-on-xbox-360-patch/

-
"The ugly seems to be surrounding some of the latest vehicle tweaks in Battlefield 3, one of them being that tanks seem to act like “paper boxes” now.

Kertz explains that “there are somethings that have definitely changed and, unfortunately, most of those are accidental knock-ons.” Additionally, “there’s definitely been a shift in balance, which, I mean, air and tank, you know. Some of that is intentional – guided shells – and some of that is unintentional, which is to say that I think the attack helicopters have gotten some buffs in terms of their weaponry against the tanks that’s pushed things in their favor”
-

If you go to a site like EA UK you will see it's a pretty uniform opinion that tanks are nerfed ridiculous now. I still stand by my original opinion, you're clueless :)

[quote user="Purple Motion"]

https://twitter.com/gustavhalling/status/186486736711450624 

[/quote]

http://mp1st.com/2012/04/02/upcoming-battlefield-3-tweaks-to-suppression-shotguns-and-hopefully-vehicles-more-news-on-xbox-360-patch/

-
"The ugly seems to be surrounding some of the latest vehicle tweaks in Battlefield 3, one of them being that tanks seem to act like “paper boxes” now.

Kertz explains that “there are somethings that have definitely changed and, unfortunately, most of those are accidental knock-ons.” Additionally, “there’s definitely been a shift in balance, which, I mean, air and tank, you know. Some of that is intentional – guided shells – and some of that is unintentional, which is to say that I think the attack helicopters have gotten some buffs in terms of their weaponry against the tanks that’s pushed things in their favor”
-

If you go to a site like EA UK you will see it's a pretty uniform opinion that tanks are nerfed ridiculous now. I still stand by my original opinion, you're clueless :)

[/quote]Grabbing at straws eh? TV missiles were already confirmed to be getting "fixed" which is what he's referring to in that statement.  Javelins vs tanks is staying and so is the repair tool nerf. So I'll say it once again, people are upset because tanks are no longer iWin buttons. 

Grabbing at straws? LMAO, I posted an interview where Alan Kertz confirms that the tanks were accidentally nerfed. And that the community (EA UK = community, Xbox forums = casuals) agrees the tanks were in fact ruined with this patch. And you posted some Gustav Halling twitters, tweets, whatever they are? I don't even see how the 2nd post has anything to do with what I've been talking about, someone asked about TV missiles specifically and Halling responded to that. That comment only covers the TV missile, nothing else. Jeez...

Tanks were never as good as they used to be in previous BF games, and now they made them even weaker..

Not crying about it, but I do find it pretty stupid that infantry gets favored so much in a game that focuses (at least used to) on vehicular gameplay.