LOTR: War in the North.....what is an Action RPG?

I don't understand the difference between an RPG and an action RPG.  I want to be able to press the trigger to shoot or swing my sword.  I don't like games where a message comes up PRESS A to talk, PRESS B to negotiate, PRESS X to fight, PRESS Y to run.  What is LOTR: War in the North?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Action RPG...but i think you should try another genre...RPG's are not for you according to what you said in the OP.

No that was an hack and slash, action adventure game, LOTR War in The North is going to be more like LOTR the third Age meets Dark Souls

I liked the Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.........is that an action RPG?  I tried looking in google, but I couldn't find anything that really explained it.  I'll try again.

[quote user="PIZZ3454"]

I don't understand the difference between an RPG and an action RPG.  I want to be able to press the trigger to shoot or swing my sword.  I don't like games where a message comes up PRESS A to talk, PRESS B to negotiate, PRESS X to fight, PRESS Y to run.  What is LOTR: War in the North?

[/quote] You're looking for Hack and slash games such as Dynasty Warriors, Ninety Nine Nights, Devil May Cry, and Ninja Gaiden.

Action RPGs would be things like Rise of the Argonauts, Mass Effect, the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games.

-

Out of those the Ultimate Alliance games would seem to be a better choice for you. You can set all the points to auto-level if you want and there is a lot of button mashing.

I'm excited about the co-op, hope the game is good.

use google.