Lot of XBOX One games keeps crashing to dash

Hi

Ok I get my One last week and there is a trend about XBOX games crashing to XBOX Home and being unable to relaunch them without rebooting my console. Lots of my friend are suffering the same issue.

Question : Is it because of original DRM policies that make the system crash ? Is it because XBOX live is not stable ? Or simply those three games are broken ?

BF4 / Fifa /  Call of duty : Keep crashing to XBOX home and its random . 

Have no problems with Ryse/ Forza / Dead Rising 3.

If you have a workaround I will be please to read it.

Best Regards

Question Info

Last updated September 27, 2018 Views 5,485 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I think Battlefield 4 might be causing it.

I've read other threads suggesting battlefield 4 is crashing to home screen. Apparently it effects all platforms of the game as well not just xb1. And Dice are making a patch for it.

As it's probably caused by some sort of memory leak it could be effecting other games as well causing them to crash to the home screen. And instant-on mode wont help because that doesn't flush the memory.

In the mean time it might be better to stop using instant-on mode until the game is patched.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello I unchecked Instant-on mode for games as it was labeled beta if I'm not wrong ? Only solution is a cold boot and not playing bf4 ?

I'm pretty sure I had the problem before with call of duty when I only had this one.

Will try.

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Currently having problems launching KI and NFS. Both go to splash screen then black screen and back to homescreen. I have had problems with NFS before but trying again or launching another game cured the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

any solution? forza freezes on me as well

Sorry this didn't help.

I made this video 2 days ago addressing xbox one CTD crashes. youtube.com/godthesinper . It is the newest video. I hope it helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've found that a hard reboot -- either unplugging the box or holding the power button for 15 seconds -- fixes the problem. At least it does for awhile. Then, another hard reboot is needed.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have had Dead Rising 3 crash out to the home screen. I have notified support of this issues over the course of a few days they said it is "documented" (whatever that means lol) They had me redownload the game and that did not fix the problem of it crashing to the home screen from time to time. It doesn't happen a lot but normally after several hours of play if it does happen. After that they said it was most likely a bug that needed to be patched. So my guess is if you are having a problem the more people that report this the faster it will move up the priority list of things to be fixed. IMO there are a lot of things that need to be fixed.

No notifications of when your friends get online, not battery status of your controller, no drive management (and external drive support needs to be added), These random crashes, inability to join game or parties. There are a lot I like about this system but OMG this feels like poor release.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, when I played approximately 2h to CoD (downloaded) or BF4 (installed), my console returns to the screen of welcomes abruptly and if I restart the game after 10-15 seconds it returns to the home again and again so I stopped stop the console because i can no longer launch of games. The solution is not a cold boot for me because it did not work.

Sorry this didn't help.

My Ryse plays the scene of the death of the first emperor then freezes, idk what to do, I tried hard reboot + the disk cleaning guide

Sorry this didn't help.

i dont have bf4, just nba2k14 and forza. Never have an issue with forza, but as soon as any cut scene or replay initiates in 2k14 i get booted to home. I turned off game dvr and replays and button through cut scenes and it seems to be the work around for now. The first day it all worked fine.

I hate how xbox support is now addressing any posts regarding this issue. seems like its happening for lots of reasons across lots of games.

Sorry this didn't help.