Lost or corrupted save files

This isnt really a complaint thread.But I am devastated that a glitch in MLB 2K13 has cost me a data loss of 4 full seasons(a total of 612 games played). This really hurts because I was in my second season in the big leagues and was 14 games from setting new MLB records in batting average,home runs, stolen bases,and about 5 others.Now I will have start over,creating a new player and going back to the minor leagues.Has anyone else ever experienced a loss of game save data that was particularily demoralizing?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

When Fallout: New Vegas first came out, I had about 70 hours in to it when one day I tried to load up my game and it told me that I was missing DLC needed to open the save file. The game just came out. There was no DLC. Same thing on every one of my save slots. So that was that. 70 hours down the toilet.

Ouch.Yeah once a game does this I dont feel like playing it again because I cant trust it no longer.Like when your best friend sleeps with your wife lol

I had a similar experience as Sword with New Vegas.  I've tried starting over a few times and never could get back in to it.  I bought it again during a Steam sale and after I finish a few games tha have sequels coming out Im gonna give it another go.  Most likely with lots of mods.

Sports games are harder to start over because of the time investment.Most have career or franchise modes that require you play through 20 seasons.At 162 games per season of baseball I am hesitant to start over.Seeing the same animation and hearing the same commentary thousands of times is a bit much.But Fallout is not  overly repetitious.At least each kill looks somewhat unique.

I have an other one actually. It's old, though. Back when Final Fantasy VII came out, the 8mb memory card I had was completely full, so I only had one save slot for the game. I had a couple hundred hours in to it. I had pretty much everything. Gold Chocobo, Knights of the Round, all that good stuff. I had finally got my team to a place where I felt like I could take on the emerald weapon and was ready to do so.

But it was storming pretty hard so I figured I would save my game and go back to it later so no accidents occurred while saving. I got to a save point, started saving my game, during which, lightning struck nearby and made the power in my house flicker. Save file corrupted.

I lost a Save File on DOA X2 with about 300 hours. I just went to play one day & it went to a "day one", I checked my collection & everything was gone. Still stings to this day. I did go back & repeat everything I had & then some but it still felt very bitter.

It happens, as technology isn't perfect and often has problems. Once a file is corrupted I'm pretty sure there's no way to recover it. My copy of Hitman Absolution's file got corrupted once, yet many peoples did because the game had some glitch or something that caused it.

I lost a full season of NHL Live.The game lets you switch back and forth between the NHL and your minor league team.It wasnt actually a lost or corrupted save.It was a glitch that prevented me from continuing my NHL season.I think SwordStyle and Kaus had worse because the gold chocobo was very hard to get and Doax2 was super hard.I put around 50 hours in that game without a single achievment and gave up.

The wife and I where 300+ hours in on Skyrim and lost it.  It was / is a great game so it was not that bad.  I have played a MLB and get what you are saying.  That's a rough road you are on.

^Yeah..I dont have the will to start over.Guess I will forget career modes on sports titles and just enjoy them for the multiplayer.I have been playing Dynasty mode on NCAA 14 but Im afraid I will lose my save on it now.Its a shame too because its quite possibly the greatest sports title ever made.EA finally did something right.