Lost game play after I received my xbox from repair center

I was playing and completed Mass effect and downloaded extras game play when my xbox stop

functioning. Once I had it fixed and return from xbox service center.  The game start up fine, but my

character is missing as well only show new game play. I still have my achievements but I can not

continue to play the game where ended. How can I get my character back?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Character is stored in the hard drive, which was probably replaced by service center.

Extras are available for download in Xbox Live

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you send your console in for repair they tell you to remove any hard drives before you send it to them. If you did not do that then there is nothing you can do but start over on your game saves.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did not send in the hard drive as requested by them. I would expect my character intact. But they r missing. How do I get it back?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have all the saves vanished or are you unable to use the Select Existing ID function, the same file which is used to import into Mass Effect 2?

If the latter then you can recreate that. The game auto-saves during the last fight with Saren, so load that save and finish the game again. The hidden import file will now have been recreated.

However if all your saves are gone, then I'm afraid they are gone for good. The Xbox 360 doesn't have an undelete feature unfortunately.

Sorry this didn't help.

When I go to start the game it asked to create a character. The only thing I have is my achievement. So your saying, I should go in my gamer tag and use an import function?

Sorry this didn't help.

I appear to have been unclear. I apologise for that.

After clicking Start what menu options are you seeing. If it is just Start New Career and Extras, then yes your saves will be gone.

If Load Career is there enter that and press Y. This will let you switch between any current characters you have on your hard drive.

However if even that option is not there then you do at least have one last hope, providing you've finished the game with those characters. Start a new career and when the character creation starts there should be an option called Select Existing ID. If this exists, you will be able to start a new game with a character you had previously finished the game with, not as good as having all your saves back but you will at least keep your level and equipment.

If even that option is not there, then I'm afraid everything has been lost.

Sorry this didn't help.