Lost a game I once purchased.

A few months ago, I purchased Bully: Scholarship Edition off the Xbox Live Marketplace for $19.99 To clear space on my hard-drive, I uninstalled it. Now, as I go to download it again, it says I must purchase it again for $14.99.

1. I have not changed accounts or consoles.
  2. I tried a license transfer, thinking it would help but no luck.
  3. It shows up on my purchase history with the option to re-download, but as I try to re-download, it says "Unable to download"
  4. I have 6 achievements registered in the game.

I've tried looking up solutions to this problem, but nothing seems to match this one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It's still in the games list as available.  Are you connected wirelessly?  If so, try using an ethernet cable for the duration of the download.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using a wireless connection, however, I tried to re-download 2 other games Fallout 3 and Soul Calibur and both worked. It has PURCHASE on it rather than "Download Again", even though I have already purchased it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello. Sorry to hear about your problems REdownloading this game from your Download History.

Please use this xbox.com Marketplace link to see if you can REdownload the game through the web site. If it's working then it should say "Already Purchased" when you go view the link for the Full Game. Otherwise it will only have the "Purchase" link.

marketplace.xbox.com/.../66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025454081a

Another option is to view your download history from the xbox.com web site here: live.xbox.com/.../History

---------

If you keep having the "Unable to download" problem then it's possible that the game was changed behind the scenes and is making it think that your past purchase isn't the same product. I would suggest escalating this by calling Xbox LIVE Support and see if they can manually setup your account so that you can REdownload the game, if possible.

Xbox Support should be able to view your purchase history and see that you have the correct license to download the game. They may either fix the issue or possibly provide you with replacement Microsoft Points. There is no guarantee.

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you both for your advice. The problem still persists through the website but I will attempt to make contact with Xbox Live Support sometime soon.

The most obvious issue I could see from the game changing is the drop in price from $19.99 when I bought it to $14.99.

Sorry this didn't help.