Losing Campaign Data on Halo: Reach

Hey there!

A known issue with Halo Reach is that many times you boot up the game (after signing in) and your campaign progress has been completely wiped out.  When this happens, you have to play through the game again in order to be able select different missions.  This can be quite an inconvenience, and after writing numerous guides on the game, I've had this happened to me multiple times.

As it turns out, the easiest way to circumvent this issue is by NOT turning off your console while the progress bar is still loading.  Doing this, many times, can corrupt the game data and your progress will be lost.

Prior to figuring this out, my data reset nearly twice a week.  Since then (and it's been nearly a year and a half), it's never happened.

So just to summarize, the above information will not get lost progress back, but it will prevent it from happening to begin with.  

I've seen this question asked numerous times on the developer's home site, and hopefully folks here will find it useful as well.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

You may want to clear your system cache and recover your profile and go onto the campaign and save game before your do that.If you still have problems maybe contact bungie.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think its the norm for all games that you do not quit until the saving is complete. I am pretty sure Reach saves difficulty progress to your profile just like all the Halo games including CEA. It also helps if you use cloud or a flash drive to regularly back up your saves.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.