Looks like they may actually give people the new ending...

Not sure where they're going to go with this, but it seems Bioware may have actually taken it to heart when so many people complained about the ending.  Personally, I wasn't that upset with it, but I am kind of curious as to how they'll respond.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Okay, I read this again, and now I'm not sure if by "address" it he means that they are working on content, or they just want a chance to defend the choices they made in constructing the ending.  What's your take on this?

I think they may create an epilogue of sorts to address the fact that many weren't happy with the lack of closure on these characters that we've grown to love so much. personally I wouldn't want them to actually change the ending, because obviously that's the ending they want, the ending they wrote and the ending they made, so it should stay like that, but I would like an epilogue of some sort.

----------------

personally I didn't hate the ending like most seem to. Before ya's jump on your high-horse, I didn't like it either. I liked the concept it had some cool moments, but ultimately it left me disapointed with the lack of closure and those moments that just didn't make sense.

I'm curious to see what happens, he seems to defend the ending a bit but then he backpedals a lot. I'm guessing that Bioware didn't realize that they pissed that many people off.

No, I get the impression from that post that they're not very interested in providing a new ending for the game. 

|

First of all, they continually refer to the Retake Movement as a smallish movement of just "core players", and every time they bring up our complaints, they also bring up the critics reviews (which is really stupid in my opinion. User reviews are so much more valid than critics reviews). 

|

Second, he's saying a lot about art and how the choices the dev team made are artistic ones. That completely misses the point that fans have been consistently trying to get across about the artistic freedom excuse that everyone seems to be trying to use. 

|

I'm not encouraged by this post. It strikes me that they're still trying to defend their endings and are not ready to admit they made a mistake. Any attempt to rectify the endings will, at this point, be a half-a**ed one. 

I don't think this is saying the "fans" would get a "new ending". The things that stuck out for me (and I'll use APA just to be extra pretentious) are comments like "We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received." (Muzyka, 2012) Which sounds as if he's still defending the ending from what he believes to be the honest one. As Picasso once said "The second line is a lie." So don't correct what you commit to. Now he does offer hope saying they are working on content to "help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey." (Muzyka, 2012) So I think he's indicating that future DLC will elaborate rather than edit what's already been done.

Finally he says "We will not tolerate individual attacks on our team members, we will not support or respond to destructive commentary." (Muzyka, 2012) So, those saying things like the ending is a stab in the back from BioWare or indicating they gave us an ending intent on causing emotional damage for some reason isn't helping. Now, a deconstruction of the game in the that whole is the sum of it's parts is far more effective than saying the last 10 minutes of a single game play experience destroys 5 years of a franchise. 

So basically he is saying that when people shove it in their face that Hudson, Gamble and Walters lied in interviews, he is going to ignore it.

We need more Todd Howards in the industry. :( 

|

I love (read as: hate) how this also pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for the Indoctrination Theory. You would think that Casey or Ray or someone, when writing these responses, would drop a line like "the ending hasn't been completely told yet" if the IDT was true, but I've seen nothing like that from anyone. As incredibly hard as this is for me to swallow, it seems that this was the ending that they wanted and believed to be good. 

The post is just saying that they will respond to constructive criticism.  Not that they are making a new ending.

Funny how he says "some" of our fans didn't like the ending. When in fact, it's more like 80-90% didn't like it.

However, there's no doubt in my mind that they will release DLC for the purposes of bringing closer to the choices made in the game (or at least attempt to). But the ending itself will NOT be changed - that's for sure.

Heh, he's an EA shill now, as is the rest of the higher ups at Bioware.  The more I think about the awful ending, the more I realize Im upset that it was such a cop-out from what was hyped and how the rest of the games played out.  It literally made the previous two games obsolete in terms of the chio\\oices and actions, because in the end, nothing at all mattered.  I for one, amongst many, hope they can salvage some sense out of this mess.  I have no doubt that they will have DLC.  How it fits into the story that came to a crashing close is anyones guess.  If they are able to salvage it, I will give them props without hesitation.  But as-is, its going to be like trying to talk your way out of the Titanic crashing.  Not much can be done at that point.