Looking for Suggestions on Good Turn Based or JRPG's

Seeing a fair few big western real-time RPG's crop up lately. 

Kind of missing the old style JRPG's or turn based if anyone has any suggestions?   PS3 or 360.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Tales of Vesperia. Go buy it right now

[quote user="BlueAeroStar"]

Tales of Vesperia. Go buy it right now

[/quote]Already have it.  My  favourite RPG this gen.  

Blue Dragon?  Should be $10 or less new.

I heard Blue dragon is a good one.

Record of agarest war is pretty good. I wish I had more time to put into it. Its defintely old school feeling.

Cross edge for PS3 is similar with capcom characters in it. Eternal Sonata was one of my faves. I havent played them but i hear the disgea games are prety good.

Lost Odyssey?  Probably the only real old school JRPG I've played this generation.

Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are two excellent RPGs that feature a turn-based combat system. There's also Eternal Sonata, which combines the action of a real-time fight with a turn-based setup, wherein the player is free to move around the arena and attack under a strict time limit before the opponent has a go as well. These are all great titles, it just comes down to personal preference on the style of the game.

It appears of those only Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata have a demo.  The design of ES kind of reminds me of ToV.  I shall try them first.

I think both games had a few of the same voice actors too.

Yeah, that's true, as best as I recall, the voice actor who does Seth's voice in Lost Odyssey -- she's a brilliant voice actor, by the way -- also does the brunette's voice in Blue Dragon.

@Elite: Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon don't come anywhere near delivering the experience where Lost Odyssey will take you. There's a dedicated Lost Odyssey forum on these parts, so check there for what I said about it, if in brief. I finished it, and got all the achievements twice! Was gonna go for a third turn, but that would have bordered on lunacy, heh, so I stopped. Awesome, awesome game!

The other great game I would recommend is FFXIII, despite everyone lamenting on how linear the game is. To which I'll say, try it out for yourself first before hitching a ride on that wagon. I honestly belief the linear path at the start toward the middle of the game served its purpose as far as the story goes, as the two elements fit like a jig-saw puzzle. I was skeptical at first, but I'm a convert now and I love the game, immensely!!