Looking for parents of children with autistic spectrum disorder who use xbox live.

Hello.

I'm the dad of a 14yr old girl who has recently been diagnosed with aspergers syndrome with autistic traits also.  She has the classic difficulty of social interaction but as she's an avid gamer i thought it would be an opportunity to meet likeminded kids to hopefully build up each others confidence in a relaxed and fun way; without the pressure, and at their own pace.

She is a big fan of the fable series and also likes oblivion, the lego games, bully, and loads more.

Initially, i'd love to meet parents of children on the autistic spectrum and introduce my daughter to new friends gradually.  If anyone outthere is interested; i'd love to hera from you.

Regards

Blue Zoo 67

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I have a son on the spectrum also.  He is only five though. . . .

I feel for you, I have a brother who is autistic, while I think LIVE is a great way to boost talking skills... just be careful of who she runs into.

Thanks Jack.

Well, I'm a adult, though not a perant, with Aspergers Syndrome and I'm sure I may understand what she might be going though, and what you might be going through. I'm always here to help if you need some.

PyroANTIC

I love what you are trying to do. But like jack pipsam said, be careful with certain people. we all know who is on xbl...

my son is 3 and was recently diagnosed on asd so till hes a bit older, like the idea tho :D hope this is still going when little ones grows up a bit more

[quote user="PaladinRonin"]

Well, I'm a adult, though not a perant, with Aspergers Syndrome and I'm sure I may understand what she might be going though, and what you might be going through. I'm always here to help if you need some.

[/quote]I suffer from Aspergers as well. It's not so bad for me really, I'm positive, avoid trouble, and am well liked by many people.

hi im 19 and i have autism disorder im shy sometimes with people who are new to me. but once i get to know them im not shy anymore. im a very nice and polite guy if you would like to add me please do.

Hi. I have a 13yr old girl, who is severely autistic. She was diagnosed at only 21 months.  She's great with computers and electronics in general but doesn't play games and is non-verbal.  I'm the gamer in the family but I'm very new to xbox. Do you play as well? Feel free to add me, if you'd like.  :) 

I'm not a parent, but I am a 19 year old who has been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. I, too, am quite socially awkward and Xbox is my way of occupying my time, as a result, I too am a relatively avid gamer, when I have the time to game, as I'll be starting University soon which means I will have to game when I have the time between studying.