looking for opinions of those who have beaten the game?

basically the question in the title...is it long? worth the money? is it collecting dust now? was the ending good?

Discussion Info

Last updated August 30, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The game has 6 chapters. It took me about an hour long to do each one. One of them is a little longer than the others. However, I really enjoyed the game. The fighting is pretty much the same throughout, but the story had me hooked so this was not a problem for me. I am looking forward to playing it again and think i will purchase the DLC. Like i said, the game is slightly short, but i thought it had an awesome story. I think you should check it out.

My playthrough I didn't actually notice how short it is. I'd say it's more a case of being the right length for what it is. And the DLC, if you enjoyed the game get the DLC. The Signal is fun and adds a good 2 hours to the game, The Writer, a fair bit shorter but feels incredible to play, especially if you've really bought into the game's story.

Also, previous poster, where did you get your Vault Boy Dice gamerpic from? I like! :p

thanks for the help guys, you pretty much confirmed the information i have learned about this game, decent gameplay, but an amazing story and good length..thanks guys...im gonna get myself to gamestop one of these days and see how much it costs

I'm not sure about the price at gamestop, but I purchased mine online and got it for under $20 with the first DLC already included brand new. As far as the game goes, I would have to agree with leftovers652 and AlmondAdam. Great storyline, cut scenes, narration. The only thing that bothered me was the fighting which got repetitive through out the game. In my opinion, the game's ending feels unfinished. This can be solved by playing through both of the DLC which answers the questions that the game left unanswered. Overall great game!

i bought this game release day, and the story is great, mind buster for sure. and as for collecting dust... last time i played was november cause of the DLC.... but now im wanting to play it again! when i first bought it i would only play it at night with my windows opened and the wind blew in my bedroom... hahah actually it really added to the effect! had me jumping a few time during combat thats for sure.

I thought the story was fantastic. I just finished a second playthrough. I love the enemies, the controls, the soundtrack, and especially the creepy feeling you get when you're going through the woods at night lol. All-in-all, definitely a great game!

Phenomenal game in so many ways.  I've play way too many games (just as many on original Xbox).  It's definitely on my top ten list.  The story, the gameplay, the atmosphere...  All phenomenal.  This game should not be missed.  

*played.

Glad to see so many positive things being said about Alan Wake; I love this game. 

If you are considering a purchase, you need to be aware that the dlc is a must. Absolutely. This is a good thing, though, as the last two dlc are excellent, in my opinion. They add new elements, get very creative, and the level design in the final dlc is marvelous.

Also, if you do get this game, play it in the dark, at night, with the sound up. It intensifies the experience, as this game has heavy atmosphere.

I really enjoyed this game, need to play it on Nightmare though.

Great atmosphere with a good story line (atleast, these times).