Looking for friends for a 9yr old!

I'm looking for friends for my 9yr old son...he has a few from school on xbox but I think he needs some more!

He enjoys playing minecraft, LLotR, MW3 (supervised), CoD2:BOpps(supervised)....

If there are any like minded kids out there, FR and message us and we'll get back to you ;)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="xKLPREPx99"]

9yr old son... MW3 (supervised), CoD2:BOpps(supervised)....

[/quote]

/facepalm.

Yes, I know exactly what you're thinking! 9yr old playing adult games.....however, he is always supervised unlike many of his friends who play them alone, in their bedrooms!; I vet all his 'friends' and delete anyone he's added that I haven't vetted; his mic is muted to anyone but friends; I have parental controls that are requested everytime he plays so he cannot play without me being there.....basically, I have made him as safe as I possibly can and I would prefer for him to play in his own home under my supervision than going to someone elses house and playing God knows what without me knowing! And, I'm actually admitting to letting him do it....you may think I'm foolish and you're entitled to your opinion

....Good Parent Alert.....i applaud you good sir

oh mi gurd its me at a young age

Me too...except I had pig tails.

That's me right now. Lock up your kids, I'm playing COD.

do I sense a hint of sarcasm or are you being genuine? I came to this forum to try and find like minded 'friends' for my son; you know, the kind who I want him to play with as opposed to the kind he thinks he wants to play with - there is a huge difference! I thought the forums were meant to be helpful but instead I find my parenting skills being criticised and me having to justify my actions to complete strangers!!!!

Well, none of us here are 9 year olds... well, most of us anyways. Sorry. Nobody wants to be a baby sitter :(

KLPREP, well, you have to be at least 13 to post on the forums. And the vast majority of us is OVER 18, so there will not be many people in the community chatter that want to play with a 9 year.

Now, go to the gaming parents board, you might have some better luck there.

But to many on these boards, parents like you are what is giving video gaming a bad name. Cant your 9 year old play skylanders or other games more appropriate for their age? Supervised or not, you shouldnt have a 9 year old play games like CoD be it offline, and should NEVER play online,