Looking for a specific type of shooter..

Hi, i wanted to know if there are any FPS that came out recently for 360 that have old school multiplayer.

What i mean by this: NO WEAPON LOADOUTS, everyone spawns with the same weapon, and weapons are picked up around the map. 

It would also help if more than 2 people play it online. Games i already know of: Quake 4, Unreal Tournament 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Recently?  No.  But you might want to consider Halo 3.  It still has a sizable population.  I'm sure the game is fairly low in price now.

The only game I know of that is like that is Halo 3.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Okay thanks, i'll check it out. Am i the only person that's sick of every single game having loadouts/perks now? It's just becoming annoying and overused.

Halo 3

Unreal Tournament 3

Quake 4

Quake 3 Arena (XBLA)

Perfect Dark (XBLA)

Aliens vs Predator

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2

Prey

Perfect Dark Zero (Deathmatch not Dark Ops)

Are the games I know of.

Your right in away about how most games use perks/load outs.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 aren't old school twitch shooters such as Quake (though they do have that twitch style of gameplay) but they're not exactly loadout style like Call of Duty either. They kind of different altogether but worth looking at for definite.

I love games with loadouts. I hate having to compete with everyone else to get stupid power weapons. But that's just my personal preference. As for games like you described, previous posters have given a generous list.

Sad that no one thinks of Shadowrun. It's not recent but it's one of the best FPS on the system. It also has no weapon loadouts(you buy what you want with money earned each round) and everyone spawns with the same weapon to start. You can't find weapons around the map unless you kill someone carrying it though.

It also has one of the most unique ability systems, how many other FPS let you fight with hang gliders and summoned creatures?

All that and it's dirt cheap.

I wouldn't advise Halo 3 these days. That game is known to have alot of DDOS attackers just to win games.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

Sad that no one thinks of Shadowrun. It's not recent but it's one of the best FPS on the system. It also has no weapon loadouts(you buy what you want with money earned each round) and everyone spawns with the same weapon to start. You can't find weapons around the map unless you kill someone carrying it though.

It also has one of the most unique ability systems, how many other FPS let you fight with hang gliders and summoned creatures?

All that and it's dirt cheap.

[/quote]

Shaddowrun was mediocre at best.  It was nothing more then a failed experiment by Microsoft pitting PC gamers with mice/kb vs. Console gamers using a pad.  And guess what that taught microsoft?  Common sense!  The most skilled controller users got owned by less than average skilled pc gamers with a mouse and keyboard.  I still don't understand why they even had to experiment with that stupid delusional idea at all? 

I will never support any crossplatform first person shooter that pits pc players against console gamers.  Never!  How could anyone in their right mind want to play a game who's main feature (crossplatform play) makes the game so seriously unbalanced that it makes the game null and void with the outcomes of every match. 

To the OP, Quake 3 arena, Quake 4, etc.