Long time gears fan, new to multi player. TIPS?

I am a big call of duty guy. Last night I beat Gears then decided to play multi and got stomped. Kinda hard to figure out the flow and timing. I ended up corner camping and shotguning people in the face to get kills. My more agressive ideas ended badly. So I figured I would see what basic stategies people use and are successful with so I can try them tonight and see if I do any better.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

[quote user="W1LD SEVEN"]

Gears was never supposed to be just a shotgun game.

[/quote]

Sadly, as seems to be the norm with any game, a community will revolve around one weapon as "the pros" signature weapon of choice. Deeming any other weapon a "noob" weapon or "unbalanced" because they can't deal with it.

[quote user="W1LD SEVEN"]

Lol I'm sorry but gotta laugh at the guy saying epic made 3 unbalanced for gnasher users. Wtf haha you do realise they balanced the weapons so everything is now worth using in its correct context. Gears was never supposed to be just a shotgun game far from it. Gears 3 is the closest game to what Epic originally envisioned.

[/quote]

Most legit statement ever!

That's kinda how I felt last night. Seems like the multi is a foot race to the better weapons on the boards and a shotgun battle. Feels onesided but fun.

All it takes to be good at gears of war 3 is a corner, and a sawed off shotgun. There are plenty of both all over the place online.

Lol I'm sorry but gotta laugh at the guy saying epic made 3 unbalanced for gnasher users. Wtf haha you do realise they balanced the weapons so everything is now worth using in its correct context. Gears was never supposed to be just a shotgun game far from it. Gears 3 is the closest game to what Epic originally envisioned.

[quote user="D3fuse"] game is so stupidly unbalanced now[/quote]

Agreed.  They need to fix the spawning too.  I thought that's what the beta was for, to fix this stuff.

[quote user="D3fuse"]

ive been playing gears 2 for 3 years and gears 1 before that and epic have made it so unbalanced for gnasher users i wouldnt advise using the gnasher unless your experienced with it, stick with the lancer and the sawed off to keep your kd up, game is so stupidly unbalanced now i might go back to gears 2

[/quote]

except he didnt play the other multiplayer of gears 1+2 so he never had to rely on the gnasher to get kills.

it was changed for a reason.

still 1 hit kills at the right distance.

Practice, practice, practice. Trial by fire imo. I'm like you... I've always been a big fan of the series, just not the past MP until GoW3. If there's one thing I've realised it's that there's somewhat of a steep learning curve to being productive at Gears MP, but I don't mind taking my lumps. Like someone already stated, unlike many other shooters(Battlefield, CoD) you can't just step into a Gears match and luck into the positive kill column.

ive been playing gears 2 for 3 years and gears 1 before that and epic have made it so unbalanced for gnasher users i wouldnt advise using the gnasher unless your experienced with it, stick with the lancer and the sawed off to keep your kd up, game is so stupidly unbalanced now i might go back to gears 2

only tip would be to play.

wont be amazing straight away, unlike cod, its not as easy to dive in and get 60+ kills.