Hello everyone!!

I have recently downloaded the windows 8.1 update, and ever since I haven't been able to log in the Xbox games application, every time I open the app, it asks for my microsoft account password and then it says "xbox service is unavailable at the moment" , error code 0xc0011cd (0x80004005). I couldn't find a solution anywhere, do you have any suggestion on what to do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 42 Applies to:

From the Error Code Lookup site:

[quote]

Sign-in issues:

You might hit a sign-in error if:

You're trying to sign in to the app in a country or region where the service is unavailable.

You're trying to sign in on a computer that is in a different country than where your account is based.

Make sure that when you sign in to an app, the country or region set on your computer is the same as the country that your Xbox Live account was created in. If these do not match, you will not be able to sign in.

[/quote]

Does that sound like it might apply to you?

Let us know and we can work from here.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This doesn't apply to me...I haven't changed my location and the app was working fine before downloading the update!

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you restarted your PC since doing the update to 8.1? And by that I mean switching it off properly and then back on (not just logging off, or closing the lid and putting it in hibernation). You can do this by bringing in the panel from the right-hand side, and clicking on Power. Choose either Shut Down or Restart.

Ignore the rest if this works.

~

When you use the PC, are you logging in to Windows with a Microsoft Account (MSA) or a local user account?

You know you are using an MSA if Xbox-branded games automatically log you in (when they're working), whereas a local account will ask you for email/password each time.

~

Could you please log in at https://commerce.microsoft.com and let me know what the two letters before 'Personal Account' are? You'll find this near the upper right.

What Physical Location are you in?

Sorry this didn't help.

ok so I have restarted the PC and the Xbox games app is still not working. I am using a Microsoft Account, before downloading the update it didn't ask me for the password but it automatically logged me in the xbox games app and also every time I played a game  the log in was automatic. The letters  near Personal Account are IT and I am logging in from Italy!what can I do now?thanks,

Sorry this didn't help.

Is this issue still ongoing?

Sorry it's taken a few days to get back to you.

Could you try turning your router off and then back on a couple minutes later?

Let us know if that makes a difference.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again.

You should still go ahead and try the router-reset but if that does not work we have another potential solution lined up.

I have spoken with a Support Agent who has informed me that the error code you are seeing is specific to the Windows 8.1 upgrade, meaning that your best course of action might be restoring your version of Windows back to 8.0.

If you need any help with this you will want to consider posting here: answers.microsoft.com/.../windows

They will be much better at helping you through this process than we are here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again!

Are you still seeing these problems?

If so, I believe I might have a solution for you.

I have a PC that I used the Windows 8.1Preview on, and just booted it up now for the first time in a long time. I also realised that last time I had access to it, I was having the same issue as you. I was opening the Games Hub and it was closing on me.

So here's what I did, and it solved my problem immediately.

• Swipe in the Charm bar on the right-hand side, and choose Settings, then Change PC Settings.
  • On the left-hand side of this new page, choose Accounts and it should automatically take you to the first heading, 'Your Account.'
  • So on the right-hand side it will have your name, below which is the Microsoft Account (e-mail address) and then 'Disconnect'. Below that there should be a clickable link saying 'Your account needs to be verified.'
  • Click that, then it will ask you to provide your password, possibly followed by some proofs that are associated with your account.
  • Once you have entered these, the pop-up window will close.
  • Then go back to the Start Screen and you should be able to sign into the Games Hub.

It worked for me; I hope it works for you too. Let us know!

Sorry this didn't help.