LOCKED - Will there be more regions for the Black Ops map packs?

I know there are a lot of people around with the same problem.

My case: 

Console: United States

Account: United States

CD: Bought in Colombia but it is the EN, ntsc version. so, United States.

It seems I have 2 options: Either I migrate my account to Colombia and see what happens (but the migration can *** up my other downloads or keep me from downloading other things) OR I create a new account.

Both of them seem preety drastic to me, so, I was wondering if the guys at treyarch will release less xenophobic map packs for us... Got any info about that, anyone?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

umm i don';t think you are understanding the issue

forums.xbox.com/.../34.aspx

If your account region no longer matches your physical location and your country is not one of the newly added regions, you would have to create a new account to reflect your location. If you don’t currently live in a LIVE supported region then you may continue to experience issues with purchasing or downloading from the marketplace.

it does not mean that the content isnt available to you

the US content isn't available to you

however the Colombian content is

Account region. US +  Physical region.  colombia + disk region US  = fail

however

Account region. colombia +  Physical region. colombia + disk region colombia = download

all 3 have to match

you can however use the region migration tool but considering you lose access to your purchased US content  i think its best to create another account in the correct region

https://live.xbox.com/en-CA/BillingMigration/SelectRegion

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I do understand the issue, and you just told me exactly what  I said was a bit harsh to do. Wouldn't it be better to have maps for your disk regardless of where you are? In my case, all my games are in english, and i had no problems until now. Why do they release content with such limitations? So what you tell me now, is: move to the US, or buy another copy of black ops, or migrate your account and *** the other downloads. Are they being intelligent in this? These don't seem to be intelligent solutions.

Sorry this didn't help.

In order to have the best experience on the marketplace, make sure that your account region and physical location match

If your account region no longer matches your physical location and your country is not one of the newly added regions, you would have to create a new account to reflect your location. If you don’t currently live in a LIVE supported region then you may continue to experience issues with purchasing or downloading from the marketplace.

source

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/27/t/34.aspx

its not a bug its how region locks work

if you really want to deal with region locks talk to your government censorship body as they tend to require localized versions of certain games

its not about being xenophobic its to do with distibution rights and international laws

google blackops and censorship

Sorry this didn't help.

so basically that 2 solutions are the only options you have for blackops dlc and other region locked content

the colombian account does not need to be gold however you do need ms points from colombia

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I understand, and I have ms points for the maps. Colombia does have live support.

And yes, the distribution rights thing... Its ok, but its a pain in the butt for us with us accounts abroad.

I don't think I'll be migrating my account, but I have a question then

If i create a new account, and download the map packs with it, so they are stored in my Hard Drive, can I play the maps using my normal (american) account? I don't want to pay gold for 2 accounts just so I can play the maps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes but you still need to purchase the Colombian disk unless there is en dlc in the colombian account

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a cut-and-dry situation. Region-specific content, no "fix" or "work-around".

Sorry this didn't help.