Locked: Think something helpful's missing?

Wow! Look at these shiny new forums, huh?! So obviously some big changes have happened while you were away, not the least of which is a bunch of new sticky posts chalk full of troubleshooting goodness. But we don’t want to pat ourselves on the back just yet; we need YOUR help to really fill these forums out.

We’re trying out more conversational, experience-based guides. Check here and here for examples. If you think you have a knack for writing, then we welcome you to write something up in this format, and make your post here. Mister Fitzer and I will review the submissions and sticky the best of the best. We may do some editing for consistency and accuracy, but we want you to be the voice of the new forums! Consider the following when making your post:

Stay away from Q&As, and make it more conversational.
Keep it simple. Don’t feel like you have to cover every issue in one post.
Don’t be afraid to spice it up: we want YOUR voice to come through!

If you have any questions about sticky submissions, feel free to PM Mister Fitzer or myself. We look forward to reading your posts!

Where'd my post go?!
As we review and take action on a post in this thread, we will delete that post to make room for new suggestions and ideas. If you find that your post here is missing, please check your PMs. We will try to make sure that any post delete in this way will be accompanied by a direct explanation to the original poster. Thanks!                  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That should be fine, Vernier!

On a different note, we're going to do a little housecleaning around here. Individual forums stickies for "Think Something's Missing?" are now being consolidated into one Support Forum-wide thread in 01 - Forum and Service Announcements. So if you have some suggestions, feel free to let us know in the new thread! You can find it here:  http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/2127/p/100560/477807.aspx#477807 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Will the thumbnails imageshack lets you use suffice?

Sorry this didn't help.

Screenshots are OK if used moderately. I'd recommend small images that link to a larger image though. Also, I would probably place something like this in the game's forum rather than this forum, and we can link to it there. If it becomes a larger issue, we can move it here. Sound good?

Sorry this didn't help.

Been thinking about writing up a dummy's guide to how multiplayer and chat works in Dark Souls since it's completely different to what most would be used too. I don't think that many people on here would've played Demon's and I can foresee plenty of threads asking about chatting and whatnot in Dark. Was wondering what the ruling was regarding the use of screenshots to better illustrate points.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I can get used to the new forums(:

Sorry this didn't help.

In Spanish please.En Español porfavor.XD xDD

Sorry this didn't help.

Submission for a sticky

User created content not permitted?. (Possible title).

This message can appear when you try to use for example forge maps in Halo Reach, or maybe if you are playing black Ops you can not view peoples gamer cards. The most common cause of this problem is you have a setting wrong in your online safety. Basically this prevents you from viewing anything created by a member of xbox Live.

Its possible you have had this set as 'blocked' for sometime but have never noticed it before. Maybe because games you have played previously may not have had user content in them at all.

But if you have played a game and received this message here is a simple step by step guide on how to solve the problem.

So here goes:

The first thing you need to do is sign onto your console with the account you are having this issue with.

On the ;My Xbox' page of the dashboard press  'A' while highlighting your Avatar.

Scroll right x2 to 'Online safety' & select 'Change settings'.

Then choose 'Customise'.

Scroll down to 'Member content' and then select 'Everyone'.

Press 'B' x1.

Save & Exit.

Now you should be able to view any user created content on Live, but if for some reason you are still having problems after following these steps do not hesitate to let us know and we will do our best to remedy the problem for you.

Mister Gwyther & Mister Fitzer

I could not find any information about this issue in the support section of the site, but I am still finding my way around so if it has been covered already please just delete this.

Also I have only submitted one of these previously and may well have been a little long winded in this post, I did not just want to just say do this & that. If you have any tips or advice that might help me to write a better way then please let me know, I would appreciate it.

But hopefully after a little tinkering this might prove to be some use to someone on the forums.

Sorry this didn't help.

I like it but it needs to be easier to use! I'm sure the boys at 1 Microsoft Way can think of something in their room with moving wallpaper?

Sorry this didn't help.

I might not be on the forums so much but i miss the search function.

Sorry this didn't help.

What useful data are you referring to? We'd love to hear your specific feedback!

Sorry this didn't help.