LOCKED - Region Problems

I have my XBOX Live Account in USA, but I'm temporarily living in Belgium (next 2 years).  I bought an XBOX in Belgium, and an English version of the Call of Duty: Black Ops Game from the local game store, here in Brussels.  The game runs fine, but I'm not able to download the free or purchase upgrades to the game, which means I'm not able to play online with my friends, who like to play the updated maps etc.

I called Microsoft - they advised I create a new profile here in Belgium.  There are two problems with this.  1 - I just upgraded my Xbox Live account to Gold and paid $59 for the year, and 2 - The Xbox Live account here in Belgium is in French and Dutch only, and therefore this is a no go.  Any tips on how I might be able to download the map packs so that I can enjoy the game would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

As has been said many times, your physical location, account region, disc region, and DLC region all need to match. If they don't, it won't work.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

since your move is only temporary it would be best to wait till you move back to the US

if you insist on playing it now yes only a belguim account plus a belguim disk will work while in belguim

"your physical location, account region, disc region, and DLC region all need to match."

as pointed out and verified by mister gwyther

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there a way I can play the game in English in Belgium? The Belgium disk is in French - I bought this before getting the English disk.

Sorry this didn't help.