LOCKED: Red Dead Redemption and XBOX live have a Hacker.

Hello XBOX,

I am sending this to you to inform you of a HACKER you have in your games. We have encountered  a player that goes by the gamer tag of [Removed], name is [Removed]. He has  found a way via modified console, or some other way to apparently "hack" XBOX live.  Our first encounter with him was on Saturday July 2nd. He was in a multi-player game with my husband and my other player on console 2 in Red Dead Redemption. He started by using some kind of "glitch" that took my husband and other player out of their game and put them somewhere else when they died. If they were in free roam, they died and woke up in some cougar country area or challenge when their character came back to life. This pissed my husband off, a sort of war of words took place when this [Removed] started taunting my husband about how he messed with his game, "hacked" our XBOXes.

By the time this jerk was done messing with my husband, my husbands game froze. He had to shut his game off to keep this guy from "hacking" our XBOXes as he had said he could do. During the game, my husband and other player reported this to you via the XBOX and I personally called you to report it. The response I got from XBOX was that this person had not compromised my XBOXes but had in fact gotten into the Red Dead game code obviously.

Now we have contacted Rock Star and they are looking into the matter of weather he was able to, via software or modified game console, in fact "hack" or breach their game. I had talked to them on Saturday the 2nd to complain, and then by Monday the 4th of July, I had to contact them again. I have given them all the details of what had happened, including that he was able to corrupt my 2nd XBOX gamer tag's prestige and skill level to the point that it will not allow my husband to level up his prestige or skill and save it anymore.

I have discovered he also "HACKED" XBOX live system. Last night, July 4th, he was able to get around XBOX security features. We have this jerk "blocked" from all communications with either of my players. No voice messages, no text capabilities, no joining our games, yet even when we put our consoles to appear "offline" or not visible to anyone, he sent my XBOX 1 console a message via the text message thing. We were not even in gaming area, we were watching Netflix.  His message read:"Obviously I still exist...LOL...Why did ya leave?"  He was referring to the fact that we told him we were contacting you guys and Rock Star and he told us that neither XBOX or Rock Star can do a damn thing to him.

I have two other messages from him that I just saw when I logged in to my account here at XBOX live.com. These messages are from the 2nd of July when he started all this. The first one ask if my husband really  "likes the cougars..haha"  and the next one refers to when we reported him and told him we were going to contact rock Star and have him watched for cheating, it read "we will see....". I'm sorry but this guy has beat you both. I am not in anyway comfortable thinking that XBOX is really doing anything to stop the people like him. He was able to get around YOUR blocking security to send us a taunting message. How can you actually expect me to believe you when you tell me he can not and did not "hack" my XBOX systems?

Clearly you do not watch for the complaints because we have filed several in a two day period with you, via phone and your in game complaint system. Am I to believe that your gaming system that I have spent over $900 on the two systems, is safe and reliable? I DO NOT BELIEVE you on that. My husband cannot even play either of his games, which is another $40 loss, not to mention the 1 year on line Gold membership/3 month Gold memberships we paid for. All total he has cost me about $1,020.00 thus far.   I would really love for XBOX to tell me what they are going to do about this, and when they plan to do it. The more time I wait to get this issue resolved, the more I want to call the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint about XBOX and their lack of desire to help their customers,

[Mod Edit - Please do not call out other users on the forums]

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you feel someone is breaking the LIVE ToU or CoC please file a complaint using the tools on your console.

Reports take time to action as they need to be investigated before any action is taken.
The forums can not be used to report other members of LIVE and it is against the forums Code of Conduct to call out other users.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you sent him anything after blocking him then that'll unblock him. You've file a complaint, set him to avoid and now you have to wait. Bans aren't instant the complaints need to be investigated throughly. He's an arrogant little twit who thinks his sub bedroom hacking "skillz" is enough to get past what MS bring to the table.

The only other thing you can do is badger Rockstar to patch their game. MS can only ban people, they can't fix another company's game for them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.