Ok, first of all, so far I like the game, aside from not being able to determine my land ratio in the deck editor (what gives!). Then I decided to try do some multiplayer; first did a game or 10 in unranked (by accident only found out i was playing unranked because my ranking didnt register. So i finally found how to get a ranked 1v1 game (why hide the 1v1 functionality like? and why give people the option to change a 1v1 ranked game into a 2x2 wierd stuff). Only to find out that they still show which deck players are going to use causing the very annoying switheroo and last second switching (with changing your ready status).
Ok finally action time...
win 1... errrr... opponent disconnected.... ok happens i guess so lets try again....
win 2.... opponent disconnected.... wth, not a single disconnect in all the unranked games mind you.... try again...
win 3.... opponent disconnected... WHAT!!!
loss 1.... all is fine. right.
and so on... in the end i managed to play a finish couple of games that i'd won, not a single discconnect on losses.
OK so I spend about 8 hours straight playing (oops) and went to check on my ranking. WHAT!!!! Lame-@@@ trueskill system, not even won/losss/discon ratio? deck ratios? Stats in general? Good grief why not simply use the ELO system which is a very good system for ranking games like this.
So after a night of playng ranked 1v1 here's the bullet list:
1. Disconnect galore by people trying to avoid the loss.
2. Decks still show.
3. No 1v1 menu option.
4. No best out of 3 or best ouf 5 options (and rankings).
5. After each game finishes you get thrown back to the main menu on the Campaign option.
6. Trueskill based 1v1 ranking is not fun at all, ELO system much better (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system), trueskill is the free hand me down from MS for devs to make it easy to inlcude a ranking system imho. For example ranking 1. playername - 2800 elo - 50 wins - 14 losses - 3 dissconnects. Right now there is nothing to fight for as trueskill is a vague system based around averages, nice to compare skill levels terrible to rank on.
7. No stats of your and your opponents multiplayer performance.
8. Due to missing true 1v1 menu option quickmatch wihile searching for 1v1 will land you in 2v2 games, plus players can adjust a 1v1 into a 2v2.
9. AI doesnt take over as advertised (optional in unranked).
Ok let me have it, are others feeling the same about the RANKED 1v1 system or am I just a total fruitbasket?
Ps. single player gameplay is very good, also all cards seem to work as intended as far as I have seen, ability where you have to sacrifice x permanents to block a creature is the worst idea in magic ever; you allready sacrifice creatures by making them block that ability is beyond the whole base concept of magic..