LOCKED: lag switch

its about time that microsoft got off there backside and stoped the use of lag switches i am sick of this and fed up with having my game time spoiled by people cheating i left xbox live for 6 years and come back give microsoft a secound chance to find my profile stats way over wat they where when i left and phoned to complain and they had the cheak to say come on here to raise my complaint i am fed up with all the crap and forza 3 wat a joke people kick for no reason mostly to even teams out which i am well ticked off about and the amount of lag switches on there is a joke and people who give fulse review just because of my name on my gamer tag and all the other crap i have to put up with so much for a friendly online community wat a joke and microsoft staff who just hang up the phone just because so i have now raised the point with watch dog and see how they like that no wounder people are leaving for the playstation network i am as well nothing microsoft  u are a joke and i will not be whasteing my cash on ur crap network or ur 720 console cause i am sick of being treated in this manner and being ripped off and well we at it try teaching ur staff some manners bing as they dont cost nothing and well we are on about cost a refund would'nt go a miss cause i dont see why i should pay for live when i can't PLAY

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="DJ Kenny Ken"]

its about time that microsoft got off there backside and stoped the use of lag switches i am sick of this and fed up with having my game time spoiled by people cheating i left xbox live for 6 years and come back give microsoft a secound chance to find my profile stats way over wat they where when i left and phoned to complain and they had the cheak to say come on here to raise my complaint i am fed up with all the crap and forza 3 wat a joke people kick for no reason mostly to even teams out which i am well ticked off about and the amount of lag switches on there is a joke and people who give fulse review just because of my name on my gamer tag and all the other crap i have to put up with so much for a friendly online community wat a joke and microsoft staff who just hang up the phone just because so i have now raised the point with watch dog and see how they like that no wounder people are leaving for the playstation network i am as well nothing microsoft  u are a joke and i will not be whasteing my cash on ur crap network or ur 720 console cause i am sick of being treated in this manner and being ripped off and well we at it try teaching ur staff some manners bing as they dont cost nothing and well we are on about cost a refund would'nt go a miss cause i dont see why i should pay for live when i can't PLAY

[/quote]

Microsoft has no control over people using lag switches so they can't really stop them from being used. The only thing they can do is punish people for using them on their network so when you encounter someone using one, file a complaint for system tampering/cheating and be patient. Enforcement action on XBL is like real life police work, it takes time to investigate.

If you are having problems on a particular game then you should contact the game developer and make them aware of any cheats/mods so they can fix them.

When you call support if you are beligerant with them they have every right to disconnect the call. Would you sit there and listen to someone swearing at you? I wouldn't. Be polite and civil and your phone experience will be ten times better than if you are not.

There you go, threaten to leave XBL for the most unsecure gaming network out there today . Go ahead. If you think modders/cheaters don't exist over there then you are sadly mistaken.

How exactly are you being ripped off? And just an FYI, use a smaller font, the size you chose is causing all the letters to jumble together making it almost impossible to read your little rant.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

temhotabot ur wrong and stop talking out of ur @@@ cause i have rant at no 1 on the phone pal and i know how xbl works i ve been a member a lot longer then u have thats for sure

Sorry this didn't help.

And apparently you still have no idea how policy enforcement over XBL works. Instead of thinking you know how it works why don't you visit the links below and find out how it actually works:

kotaku.com/.../the-xbox-live-police

majornelson.com/.../pax-east-panel-enforcement-on-xbox-live-tales-from-the-din-part-2.aspx

www.escapistmagazine.com/.../99551-PAX-East-2010-The-Secrets-of-Xbox-Live-Enforcement

www.stepto.com/.../Post.aspx

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhz9eTcL1h0]

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5-YWjA1b8E]

Sorry this didn't help.

lol dj kenny ken just get out go to psn so there network can get hacked again and why do you pay for xbox live? well so they can have PROTECTION of there network unlike play station broken

Sorry this didn't help.

well if i am paying for protection why do i have too put up with these cheating gits all the time then and wats more i dont think much to there protection when they cant even stop people from using lag switches and i love the way microsoft edit my posts to a point when u cant even make sense of it funny how they can be so quick to edit swear words shame they cant be that quick to sort out the people who use the lag switch in it and i will leave xbl when i want too little boy not by ur say so u jumped up little prat and i dont care if they can hack details of my account simple way to sort that out is prepay the both of u think u know it all when u know jack crap but in saying that at least someone trys to help i surpose and i have filed complaints and then they are still there doing the same thing using a lag switch months after and if xbl is so good funny how the psn network has more members and out sells xbox 2 too 1 aint it no wounder if u ask me and there no way that they can have some 1 make a protection program for xbox live for free they aint got enough money have they thats all it is money all the time and then they cant even look after the network to a point where u can play with out all these problems wat a joke it would only take 1 of there top programers about a couple of hours to make 1 most likely too and a note to the muppit who said no wounder people hang up the phone for ranting at people on the phone which i don't do its not there fault for a start but they could do something to help it would be a start thats for sure but thats to much to ask ain't it but u just keep on bing a smart @@@

Sorry this didn't help.

1) If you don't agree with what people say then why are you marking the responses as 'verified answers' to your problem?

2)Microsoft can not do anything to prevent people from using lag switches because the people are manipulating their home network from their end. If they were doing it from MS's end then they could be stopped, but that is not how lag switches work.

3) The GAME DEVELOPERS are responsible for fixing/patching/making their games to prevent cheats/mods from being used. The GAME DEVELOPER could even go as far as Bungie and Treyarch and actually police their online games and offer their community reporting tools to catch and punish these offenders, but many GAME DEVELOPERS don't think it is their responsibility, even though the online portions of games is run from their servers, not MS's.

4) Really? You are going to sit there and compare XBL, a secure and safe network, with PSN, of which has been compromised not once but twice in the last 30 days?! Go ahead, switch, no one here cares. Gaming is a choice.

5) You've got issues.

6) Phone support does not handle policy enforcement on XBL. The XBL Policy Enforcement Team handles that and the BEST way to reach them is via the tools on your console. Specifically the FILE A COMPLAINT tool. And if you honestly believe they don't do anything about anyone then you seriously need to take a stroll in the forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx.

7) Please refrain from telling others they know not what they talk about if you have no actual FACT to back it up.

Sorry this didn't help.

maybe cause i dont care get a life  and u go on about posting to strangers every 1 in here is a stranger and u posted to me frist u thick O

Sorry this didn't help.

But I am posting FACTS. You are just uttering complete nonsense.

Sorry this didn't help.