LOCKED: Infectious Modern Warfare server broke my Multiplayer

Earlier today I was playing team deathmatch when i came across a modded server. Something odd was going on as i could run really fast and I got 2000 exp. for each kill. after a couple of very strange matches and the score displaying odd messages, I notice that my score was -100000 or so, so I left

now even though the barracks displays my level as 28, i can't join any matches as it tells me That I'll unlock game types as lvl1.... very distressing.

hope you can help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about this. You could try contacting the publisher/developer but I've never come across an example of them resetting a score that has been modified in this way, it can't hurt to ask though.

I know this wont help now but if you find yourself in a modded lobby in another game then immediately power off your console, this is the only way to prevent the alterations from being saved.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In addition to the information above you should know that actively participating in a modded match you yourself could face enforcement action being taken against you.

source

Up until this point when a user was found to be exploiting infections in a game they were issued a temporary cheating suspension.

However, after discussing how infections are obtained and weighing just how disruptive these modifications are to gameplay , this policy has now been changed.

Intentionally activating and exploiting infections in multiplayer matchmaking is a blatant violation of the Terms of Use and Code of Conduct, and users who purposefully engage in such activity will be suspended appropriately.  

From this moment on, any user account found exploiting infections will be subject to immediate permanent suspension.

We know exactly what is required to be infected, which means we also know that it cannot be done accidentally.  Suspensions will not be lifted simply because you make a false claim that you did not know what was going on.

Sorry this didn't help.

so instead of fixing the problem of modding and hacking xbox live is going to punish those who are affected by this.

I'm not a hacker and I will never be. but threatening honest players with permanent bans is not going to help anyone.

if you can't fix my problem, that's your fault, not mine, and I wont be needing your services anymore.

Sorry this didn't help.

There is nothing for MS to fix, the problem lies on the GAME DEVELOPERS end with their game. MS is doing their part by punishing those who use those mods/cheats while using the Live service to access the games online portion. That is all they are responsible for.

And there is a difference between getting tossed into a modded lobby and backing out versus getting tossed into a modded lobby and participating in it.

Unfortunately you will find these modders/cheaters no matter where you go for your gaming needs. PSN, Wii, PC-they all have it. Atleast with XBL they are actively enforcing their policies and punishing these people when legit gamers FILE A COMPLAINT.

So, now that you know who is responsible for FIXING the game, you should head on over to their website/forum and see what, if anything, they are willing to do about it. If nothing then you ought to do what many others have done, don't buy their games.

Sorry this didn't help.

I do wish to help you, but you broke the rules. Also, Temhotabot, lay off. You don't even care about fixing the problem. I understand Baird Swift broke the rules, but that doesn't give you the right to go on a rant, and totally forget that the game is still messed up. If you don't want to help, leave. YOU WANT HER TO GET BANNED! EVEN IF SHE BROKE THE RULES THAT IS WHAT JERKS DO!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="deads assistant"]

I do wish to help you, but you broke the rules. Also, Temhotabot, lay off. You don't even care about fixing the problem. I understand Baird Swift broke the rules, but that doesn't give you the right to go on a rant, and totally forget that the game is still messed up. If you don't want to help, leave. YOU WANT HER TO GET BANNED! EVEN IF SHE BROKE THE RULES THAT IS WHAT JERKS DO!

[/quote]

The ONLY way the problem is going to be fixed is if the GAME DEVELOPER steps in and takes ownership of their game and patches it. I'm not going off on a rant I am providing factual information in regards to the situation.

Yes. I expect everyone who breaks the rules they agree to to accept responsibility for their actions. So if the OP broke the rules they deserve to be punished when they are caught. We ALL agreed to the same contracts when we signed up for XBL, why shouldn't we all be held accountable to those same contracts when we break them?

And it isn't me that wants anyone banned, it is the stance that the XBL PET have taken against the issue of modding/cheating. I just happen to agree with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

You were all alarmingly helpful, but I contacted Activision and they haven't threatened to ban me, so, I guess, bye

Sorry this didn't help.