Ehrm I mean Halo...

2007: Halo 3

2008: Halo Wars

2009: Halo 3:ODST

2010: Halo:Reach

2011: Halo CE Remake

2012: Halo 4

Wee!! Milking!

Anyone else a little worried about the overall quality of Halo games soon to come? Brand New Developers... Halo 4 5 6 already Confirmed...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

2008-  Halo Wars- Not official Halo game, not presented by MS.

2009-  ODST- Expansion of Halo 3, not intended as a full retail game.

2010-  Reach- Prequel. First full retail game since 2007.

2011- CE Remake- Remake and Reach expansion. Exactly. Not new.

2012- Halo 4, full retail game.

I'm not worried at all. Every Halo game including expansions (except for Wars since I haven't played) has been of good to extremely high quality. With 343 in control now, we'll definitely get something relatively new. I'm very excited for the new and "new" games. Try having a positive outlook for once, will ya?

Halo Wars shouldn't even have been a Halo game... It feels as if they Only put Halo in he name and tried working it into the story because it would make it sell, which is what happened.

ODST was an expansion planned for DLC sold as Full Retail because Microsoft new it would sell reguardless of price.

Halo CE remake is a remake being made because M$ knows it'll sell... Thankfully it's only 40$ Ne not beig charged for full retail price.

Regardless if they were 'full' retail games, they are still part of the Halo series and sold as part of the Halo series.

All you need to do to make clean breaks is double Enter in Rich Format. Using periods is just silly looking, but I hope they do tweak it. 

Now, Halo is nowhere near to being "milked". A single amazing Trilogy along with an expansion and spin-off, along with Halo: Reach. 

Not to mention the dozens of books and mini-movies (Halo: Legends) and Machinima that has come out over the years.

The thing is, all of these iterations have real quality to them. Real unique-ness and originality, especially the books. Very gripping and worth anyone's time who likes sci-fi of any kind, not just gamers. The Halo Wars RTS is the best RTS on consoles to date. The controls are spot on, the story and cinematics were very well done.

Once Halo goes the route of Sonic the Hedgehog and really starts milking it with the most universally renowned worst games EVAR for a franchise, then we can talk. I won't say Mario because, let's face it, even though there are a lot of average Mario themed games out there the Mario franchise still produces some of the best platform games of all time.

But for now, the Halo franchise has consistently produced amazing games and other forms of media. I'll fully support them until the quality starts to fade. From the looks of things, the next Trilogy is going to rock the gaming world all over again. So maybe sometime in the next 5-8 years they can be considered as "milking", yes? 

Can't we just enjoy playing games?

Sadly the Halo fanbase already reminds me of the Sonic Fanbase :( I agree. Every Halo game thus far has been of quality (expect Halo Wars IMO) but a new trilogy being made by brand new people? That's what has me worried the most.

P.S I can't make Them no matter how many times I hit enter on safari/iPod...

(Sonic with a sword> Armor Ablites) [:p

No need to worry Speedy.

Since Halo is being taken over by 343i, that would probably give players time to experience a Halo game without Bungie before Halo 4 comes out next year.

Halo has had many releases through the past few years but that's because of a few circumstances regarding the Halo franchice, like noble said, those Halo games are either expansions or prequals besides Halo 4 which is going to be a retail release.

I personally think that Halo Wars isn't apart of the Halo franchise because it is a RTS and its not made by the usual company.

But ease up a little Speedy, the Halo we all know and love is still here.

Halo milk is tasty though...

I guess we'll just have to wait it out and see where the series goes. I honestly thought Halo 3 ended really well and think 343 shouldn't have started their series from there. Only time will tell if this is a good move, but at this time I'm skeptical.

Halo isn't being milked.

NO where close. Pretty idiotic post.

The Halo series is nowhere near the levels of the COD series in terms of milking.

Call of Duty:

Call Of Duty: 2003

Call of Duty 2: 2005

Call Of Duty 3: 2006

Call of Duty 4: 2007

Call Of Duty 5: 2008

Call of Duty 6: 2009

Call of Duty 7: 2010

Call of Duty 8: 2011.

Now we have Halo:

Halo 1: 2001

Halo 2: 2004

Halo 3: 2007

Halo Wars: 2008

Halo 3:ODST: 2009

Halo:Reach: 2010

Halo CEA: 2011

Halo 4: 2012

Halo 5: 2013/14?

Halo 6: 2014/15?

Seems like the cow is starting to be milked to me!