LOCKED - arcade games

i bought sonic and streets of rage 2 about 2 years ago and they worked fine now it wont let me play them and says they are just demos. i have tried to delete and re download about 15 times and till does not work.. any one know what i can do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Oh good! An excuse for me to pull this out of the archive forums...

For Sega titles, try this:

--- It's a known problem on the Sega titles. At least, the older ones. If you don't want to (or can't - maybe you already did it in the past year) transfer the license, you can do the following:

1) Launch the game (using the account which purchased the game).

2) From the in-game menu, choose "unlock full game" (might be slightly different wording).

3) That should bring up a box from the marketplace.

4) It should know that you bought it, and ask if you just want to re-download.

5) Choose "yes".

6) After a few seconds, it should give you a "download complete" - all it did was get a new "key."

7) I think you choose "continue" at that point. In any case, all you want to do is get out of the blue Marketplace box. You do NOT want to exit the entire game.

8) Once you're back at the game's menu, it should allow you to play the full game.

Unfortunately, you have to do that trick *every time* you want to play.

(You can also try to transfer the licenses at http://www.xbox.com/drm - this is something you need to do when a console is replaces. That will fix the problem completely. Until you change consoles again.)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.