Local currency in my account has not been used in purchase i have just made..

Got an email today - We have added £3.06 into your Microsoft account, and your Microsoft Points have been retired.

Great. Gone to purchase an xbla game at £3.39, and the £3.06 has not been used. Not much money, yeah, but i'm pretty **** at the minute and can do without spending more than i need to. 36p i wouldn't mind, but now this has happened, and as far as i can tell, there isn't even a 15 min cancellation window like with google stuff.

So what do i do? Will MS sort this out? The whole website is a big confusing mess...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:
Answer

To use the currency in your Microsoft Account (MSA), you need to make the purchase from the console. There, when you have insufficient funds to complete the purchase, you pick a secondary option and it will ask you 'do you want to first use the amount in your Microsoft Account?' Selecting yes will empty the MSA and take the outstanding balance from the other payment method.

The website, however, only works with PayPal and credit cards for the moment and no purchases can be completed there using the currency in an MSA.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.