Loading times.

Does installing the game help with loading times? Man it takes forever to go from one area to the next. It ruins the experience of the game by taking you to long loading screens.

I was disappointed to find out multiplayer is a freaking car game. I was wanting to have a FPS multiplayer.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's suppose to.

It probably does a little bit but I would't get your hope up for it to be instant. I didn't install the game and I haven't really notice the loading times to be a big deal. I haven't played the multiplayer yet but I have really enjoyed the car battles in the campaign so far so i am looking forward to it.

Yes, it helps. It takes a while to load saved games but the load times afterwards are literally like, 2 seconds.

I installed it from the beginning and they seem to be quick to me.

It's bethesda, they and loading screens are joined at the hip. I just use that time to blink.

The loading times are  ok  .

I'd expect a slight slow down in load times givin the visuals of the game.

I installed the game and the loading is minimal

when I first got it, I played off of the disk for about 2-3 hours. Load times were a bit on the long side. When I decided to shut down for the evening, I installed all 3 disks. Now load times are a fraction of what they were.

id Software recommends installing the game if you have the room.  They specifically say it will reduce loading times and screen pop-in.  It will not make a dent in loading times for your saved games, because those are already stored on some form of permanent media such as a hard drive or flash drive.  Installation takes 22 gigabytes of space and about 45 minutes to 1 hour to install.  Too bad for PS3 because they require a minimum 8 gigabyte install, but on the otherhand they have 1 game disc.