Live tv suddenly not working, black picture

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but here's my issue. I got my xbox one a couple days ago got it all setup and tried to setup the live tv portion and couldn't get it to work with the current hdmi cable that I had for my directv box, changed it out and got it working. After a 2-3 days turned on my Xbox and tried to go to live tv but didn't show up at all, just had the little tv picture. Tried the hard reset didn't seem to affect it. Swapped out the hdmi cable again and now it's working again. My question is, was that first cable I had not a good enough cable? It did work fine going straight to tv. Or could it have been a standby mode problem, my cable box turns off after 4 hours. Thanks and sorry if it his has been posted before

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Not sure exactly (as it sounds like the HDMI cable was the first issue, standby being the second). I would think it is the standby of the cable box being the issue if you see the issue again. Sorry I could not be more direct Johnny, I hope this makes sense.

-Cheers

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Turned off the standby on the cable box, happened again when I did the voice commands for xbox off and xbox on. Did the hard reset again for sngs fixed it, there any patches in the works to solve this standby issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, it is being worked on. Sorry for the news, please enjoy the rest of the Xbox One features while we resolve this issue, Game On!.

-Cheers

Sorry this didn't help.