Live TV Freezing

I have the same issue and know for sure it is the XBOX One. I know this because I also have a coax feed from the back of my cable box which goes to a bedroom. The XBOX picture freezes while the coax feed in the bedroom continues to play. In addition, when I bypass the XBOX One and run the HDMI from the cable box straight to the TV the picture has no issues.

Jacksonville, FL

Comcast w/ Motorola RGN200N HD DVR

You have a serious problem Microsoft...very weak!!!

And I was making fun of the PS4 issues?!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 78 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same thing is happening with my Xbox One. Just started today.

Ponte Veda Beach, FL

AT&T Uverse w/Cisco HD DVR.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same thing here... started today after working fine the last few days.  TV is unwatchable, and rebooting isn't fixing the issue.  I have a Verizon fios dvr.

Sorry this didn't help.

A second hard reboot of the xbone just fixed it for me... for now.

Microsoft, I don't want to hard reboot every three days, so please find the cause for this and patch it!

Sorry this didn't help.

The xbox one will run while in shutdown mode and is drawing bandwidth. Because you're AT&T uverse service is IP based it will cause freezing due to the lack of bandwidth.  I've personally have only encountered the freezing late night as this is most likely when Microsoft is pulling system info to probe for issues.  You can change the options of your xbox one to enters saving mode which will not allow to pull nightly updates but also not allow voice activating power on.  I've been just pulling my Ethernet cable from the xbox after use.  Hope this clears up some trouble.

Sorry this didn't help.

Maynard's response isn't very relevant or correct. The Xbox does run in standby modes that still draws POWER and probably sometimes draws a very limited amount of bandwidth, but U-Verse, while being IP based, has separate pools of bandwidth that allow internet connectivity to run separately from the TV. I can pull my full 18Mb/s on my computer while watching TV without freezes.

I think OP is talking about while the Xbox is on and it seems to be a very huge problem with the Xbox One HDMI pass-through. I was super excited for this feature (and is one of the only reasons I bought an Xbox One) but I completely disconnected it only 3 days after I got my Xbox One because the menus would freeze up as well as the picture. My best guess is actually that the U-Verse box is working just fine, but the HDMI pass-through is the thing that freezes up. I base this assumption on the fact that when the menus (on the U-Verse box) freeze up (picking a recording, for instance) I would press various buttons on the remote and when the picture un-freezes, it's already started a different recording (probably because I pressed OK a few times and selected another recording).

Tonight, I decided to reconnect the U-Verse box after a new bunch of HDMI cables came in to see if the dozen or so HDMI cables I tried before were all the problem. The way I decided to test things was to go straight to a standard definition recording that wouldn't work AT ALL the first time, and again, this recording would not work at all. Black screen for a while, then a frozen picture combined with the inability to stop and go back to a menu on the box for a while. So I'm fairly confident that my HDMI cables are not the problem.

My newest experiment is to switch the Cisco DVR box that I've had connected to the Xbox One with the normal Cisco U-Verse box that was in the bedroom. So I have a non-DVR box connected to the Xbox One right now and things appear to be running OK. The standard definition channels are working from this box and I haven't noticed any freezing yet. By no means am I saying this is a solution (really shouldn't need to do this and I really hope that things get straightened out completely with a software update very soon and U-Verse comes out with an app that lets you use the Xbox One as replacement for the box all together). I'll update here if I start seeing problems again (which I'm fully expecting to). In the mean time, if anyone is super bored and want to try switching the DVR for the normal receiver to help test this theory, feel free! Sadly, no advise for Comcast owners.

Sorry this didn't help.

Followup: Didn't take long. Menus froze up on my non DVR box as well.. So... Ball's in your court, Microsoft. Fix all the giant promises you made, please. At this point, you will never keep my HDMI 1 spot.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here....EXTREMELY frustrating. Uverse pass through XBOXONE and thought the update would fix this but now it is actually much worse.  I bought this because of this feature and I am sitting on a very expensive gaming machine that does not deliver on the promised entertainment center.  When it does work it is awesome.....lets get this fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just started happening to me today. Cant believe this....I have comcast DVR box and started all of a sudden. I had my ONE do a factory rest and seemed to of cured the issue for now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing started for me today. DVR and all channels freezing for several minutes at a time. All other att uverse boxes working fine. I have a Motorola VIP2250 box. If i remove cable hdmi from xbox and go directly to tv it works fine. Please help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try factory reset of your ONE.....will have to spend 5 minutes to reset up. Probably just a bandaid for now.........hopefully microsoft will address this flaw ASAP

Sorry this didn't help.