Live TV Cablevision

Having an Issue with my HDMI pass through, every few seconds it just hangs, then comes back then hangs again... I've tried setting it to 720p and it won't take, it just keeps reverting back to 1080i, Sicentific Atlanta 4250HD

This is beyond frustrating...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Rather than setting it to 720p, have you tried setting it so channels are passed through in their native resolution?  Most HD channels will be 1080i but a few will be 720p.  I switched from Cablevision to UVerse about a year ago so I'm afraid I don't recall the exact name for that setting.  Maybe "automatic"?  A lot of people will set the cable box to 1080i or 720p to match their TV (and to make channel changing a little faster), but the scalers in these old cable boxes are terrible.  You're almost always better off letting your TV handle any scaling.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have Cablevision and have a Samsung Box and it passes through fine.  Maybe you can switch to the Samsung box?  I used to have one of those old Scientific Atlanta boxes, which I actually liked better overall.  The Samsung DVR has issues, doesn't work a lot.  But does pass through to the Xbox One fine.

I'm in Connecticut.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.