LIVE TV BUG

Ok so setup the live and cable box (setup went fine)....everything in standard def works perfectly fine...but when I switch to HD channels whether by voice or remote......I get picture for a few seconds WITH NO AUDIO....and then in freezes the picture...not the cable...the picture from the xbox.   So again...HD channels have no audio and picture freezes after a few seconds.

Comcast

Scientific Atlantic box from Comcast

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Can you try setting the output format of your set top box to 720p?  This can often help with frozen picture problems on HD channels like the one you're having here.

It would also help if you can post the exact model number of your Scientific Atlanta cable box...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the same box with time Warner with the same issue. The HD and SD channels all display in sd. I went into the settings and redid the tv setup for just the display and it displays fine but once I restart the console it reverts to displaying everything in SD. Bug?  

Sorry this didn't help.

What is the model of the STB?  Can you review the audio settings to see if possibly Dolby audio is enabled?  Try setting it to PCM or stereo to see if this helps your issue.

Sorry this didn't help.