Live hasn't registered that I bought content

A couple of hours ago I bought Plants vs Zombies online after adding points to my account to purchase it. However, points were credited to my account and the money taken from my bank (have email verification) and after unlocking the full game by paying the 1200 MS Points, and them being taken from my account, the download didn't start and it does not recognise the fact that I have even purchased it but the points have been taken from my account. 

It also does not appear on my list of downloaded content online, so I'm curious as to where the points went.

(I checked online straight away and Xbox Live was currently having problems, so didn't post during that time because I thought it might sort it self out afterwords.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi,

I've just had the same thing happen to me. My download also was not in my history but my points were deducted from my account. Thinking it was just a bad download I tried again and have now downloaded it but have been charged TWICE for the same content.

I strongly suggest you don't try to download it again if it's not in your history as I wouldn't want the same thing happening to you, I've been advised by members of this forum to phone Microsoft Support directly to resolve the issue.

My thread is forums.xbox.com/.../155731.aspx if you wanted the full story.

Best of luck getting this resolved, it seems this is happening to a few people.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

samething, I bought 1000 points then tried to download a game for 800 points. It took my points and then a error downloading. The game I bought is not in my download history. I called support but they said its an active issue they are trying to fix and because its an active issue they would not refund my points so i could download it again. Its funny how there was no issue taking my money just with giving me what i paid for and refunding me. So in the end they said to wait and see if my points get updated back to me and if not just keep calling back everyday until its no longer an active issue, then they can refund my points back to my account. From what I've read on other post this has been an active issue for a long time and some people believe its was designed to mess up the download sometimes to increase their profit. Also no one I read about has gotten a refund and peobably never will...... I should have got a PS3.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same for me and magic 2012.

Sorry this didn't help.

To top it all off I find that the Plants vs Zombies game has been reduced from 1200 points to 600 points the day after I buy it and don't receive it! So not only have I not got the game, if I waited another 10 hours I would have saved myself just under a fiver...How unlucky can I get? ...

Sorry this didn't help.

I would recommend calling phone support in your region to get this all sorted out. Sorry for the hassle! support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.