LIVE Arcade General Question

Hey guys,

I'm really excited about Alan Wake's American Nightmare and I'm determined to play it today. The problem is I have to go to my friend's house today and I can't get an MS points card until after I've left.

I was wondering if I download an arcade game like Alan Wake's American Nightmare to a flash drive using my friend's console, do I have to do that whole "license exchange" whatever to play it on my console? And what does the license exchange involve doing?

Thanks,

MrMayge

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Recover your account on your friends console, then download it. Once you go home just go to download history and download it again.

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

Recover your account on your friends console, then download it. Once you go home just go to download history and download it again.

[/quote]

I'm not 100% sure, but wouldn't that put the license on his friends console and not his own? If so OP, then you wouldn't be able to play the game while offline.

[quote user="MrMayge"]

I'm really excited about Alan Wake's American Nightmare and I'm determined to play it today. The problem is I have to go to my friend's house today and I can't get an MS points card until after I've left.

[/quote]

Bit confused, if you haven't got the points, you wouldn't be able to download the full game anyway just the trial?

[quote user="Akradon"]

[/quote]

I'm not 100% sure, but wouldn't that put the license on his friends console and not his own? If so OP, then you wouldn't be able to play the game while offline.

[quote user="MrMayge"]

[/quote]

Bit confused, if you haven't got the points, you wouldn't be able to download the full game anyway just the trial?

[/quote]

Presumably he can't get the points until he's left his own house. In either case, it would be best just to wait until you get back to purchase and download the game. When you purchase content the licence is tied to your profile, and also the console you downloaded it on. You can purchase and download the content using your profile on your friend's console, but you will have to redownload it on your own console and perform a licence transfer, which can only be done once every 4 months.

[quote user="Akradon"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am not 100% sure either so I looked here http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content which still didnt answer the OPs question. In my personal experience Ive only needed to transfer licenses for Sonic 1 and 2.

The license would be associated on the first console it was downloaded on, and the purchasing gamertag. It's best to wait until you get home. :)

-Jim

Thanks for clearing it up Klrskir :)