Little confused

So is this its own stand alone game like ODST was or do I need my old Reach disk to play? And also does it only include the seven new remade maps or does it include all of Reach's multiplayer maps, forge, firefight maps, etc.? Sorry if this has been asked/answered before but I'm too lazy to use the search button.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's its own game.  It's first and foremost the first and arguably the best game in the series. It will have campaign (including co-op), Firefight, and multuplayer.  For a price tag of $40, it's a steal.  It's also good because tons of people haven't played the game that started the series off with a bang. Hopefully we'll see Halo 2 remade as well.

I know its going to be awesome

sigh. wish it would come out sooner than november tho. its irritating. i want the game and the maps NOW

Yes. This November will be the death of a million gamers wallets.

Ill be getting Skyrim for sure.

I first want to say that I played Halo CE religiously packing my xbox and tv going to lan parties anywhere and everywhere 10 years ago. I will never forget that experience it was a great time for console gamers. The die hard fans of this game have been asking for CE to be put on LIve since Live was started. I just wish they were making the MP the way Halo CE was not with all the Reach stuff. I like Reach, but I also liked the way Halo CE was and IMO they need to be separate. The campaign will be the only thing that will resemble the original game which sucks IMO. It will be great to go through the campaign with a friend, but the MP will not have the same feeling as it once did with the flavor of Reach added into it.  343 needs to make the MP exactly how it was with polished graphics for the die hard CE fans. Sadly it wont come close to what it should have been

im with u on ur entire pst El3ment 514... i played the original halo ce system linked for years every night, either using tunnel software to play others throughout the country or i would go to my buddies college and play against other people in various dorm rooms since it was all networked (i think playing ce every night for him got him kicked out of the school too). i have said this for years tho that the original ce needed to be re-released with all the maps from the pc version of ce that were not on the xbox version and they needed to make it live enabled. doing that alone would sell millions of copies not to mention get a lot of old schoolers that dont play anymore to pick it up along with a 360 and xbox live... for that matter, years ago somebody was able to port the multiplayer maps from the pc version to the xbox and they worked pretty much flawlessly so all the work was already done for bungie back then but to no avail. i still hope they change their concept of the multiplayer and make it play like the original ce before it is released in november. i dont want to see people floating across the map and using jetpacks and armor lock crap.. make it like the original where u had to compete to get health and armor or even camo against ur own mates and the enemy.

Buy Halo Anniversary, go to matchmaking, and search the playlists. There should be a few that are clearly described as classic Halo:CE game play. Or something like that.

These game types run in the Reach multiplayer engine but damage, movement, etc have been modified to match Halo:CE's multiplayer game play as closely as possible. When you you buy Halo Anniversary you are getting the full Halo:CE package minus a few less favored maps.

I'm not blind. I doubt they will be able to match Halo:CE's multiplayer game play "perfectly" but I have faith that they will do there best to get as close as possible and satisfy the more casual players looking for some nostalgic good times with classic Halo multiplayer. HAVE FAITH!!!

thats what really bugs me about most of these so called "Fans." most of them start with 2 or 3, and never play the first Halo.

ur right as most started off with halo 2 or later, i mean most people that u hear online half the time sound like their about 14 at most so go figure. ten years ago they never had a console prolly, and for those that did play it, they never played it multiplayer because it wasn't on live and didnt have the intelligence to use system link or tunnel software... for that matter i posted a comment a while back about both halo and cod stating the same thing, that most players on both games never even played the original of either game, they just jump on the bandwagon late and don't really know how the games actually started or what the gameplay and controls were like on the originals. thats why they shouldn't have messed this one up.

ya i have the original console version of halo 1 and the pc version of it also. multiplayer halo 1 is by far one the best and most fun. but come on people, go play the first Halo. that way you'll all understand what a good game is.