Hi, apparently this issue has reared its ugly head once again. Please let us know when the servers will be back up, if at all.
Normally, access to leaderboards would not be a big problem; however, there are 2 achievements in the game linked to global rankings. It's also a nice feature to know how you stack up against everyone.
To save support time, I've copied the typical questions you ask and have provided responses.
(copied from a prev inquiry)
"To start things off, here's a few questions to help us better understand the situation:
- What are you trying to do in Lips when you receive this error (multiplayer? any specific songs? etc)?
- Are you able to play other games without receiving any similar errors (cannot connect to Sims 3 server, etc)?
- Are you experiencing any random disconnects from Xbox Live at all?
Let us know and we'll work with you from there! ^_^"
1. At the end of each song, the game tries unsuccessfully to access the global rank leaderboard. We get the message "Connection to the server is not available. Certain features may no work."
2. No problems with any other games
3. I am not experiencing any random disconnects from Xbox Live at all
In addition, I have run speed tests and these tests come out fine.