Limited Account Abilities Due to Old Parental Controls

I still have the Zune software and it requires the parent account information for practically every movement I make on there. I've searched all over the internet and have yet to actually find a way to get rid of this since I'm not under aged anymore. I don't have Xbox live, I don't want it either, I just need to get rid of the one that's plaguing my Zune software.

I'd like some help before I become royally angry and curse all things Microsoft related.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'd like to reset my password on XBOX live cause he's a teen and I at least want to let him have some fun.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have parental controls on my Xbox, and its preventing me from adding people to my friends list.  However, my mother (who's email was linked to those controls) no longer has said email address; it doesn't exist.  Yet this console refuses to acknowledge that and still asks me for the password.  I know what it is, but since the email no longer exists in this life, it is useless and an annoyance in my life since I am almost 20.  

If Microsoft sees this, I am waiting for help, because this is just ridiculous.  Please give support.  

Thank you.  

Sorry this didn't help.

This is an extremely old thread.  Can you please create a new one detailing your issue.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello. My name is Jake and I have a problem with my Xbox One. My Xbox will not let me buy items from the marketplace because I am on a child account. When I try to change the "privacy and online safety" settings, I have to sign into my "parent's" account. The problem is that I never set up a parent. So I have no idea how to change the parental controls.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Faytal Paradox!

Sorry to hear about the issue. If you haven't already, please go ahead and post a new thread with any details and troubleshooting steps you have tried. That way you can be provided support tailored specifically for you!

Sorry this didn't help.