Likely lag switcher or similar.

Was playing COD:Black Ops 2 and rather sure I ran into someone running a lag switch or some sort of software to "freeze" the game minus him since he was host. Couldn't find where to post this via forums. Other links suggested in similar posts no longer redirect to a valid location to submit a report. 

I uploaded a 30 second clip via the in game rendering of the match. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQR-ilM6xoM

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Report them via the in-game menus from their profile, you can also try visiting the Official Call of Duty forums as they might have an official way to report as well. I believe it's community.callofduty.com/.../forums

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've taken notice to a lot of connection issues that people concider someone lag switching, and I promise you its not a lag switch.  The connections in that game are horrendous at times, but if their constant red or yellow bars, its not a lag switch as host migration would occur.   I don't use a lag switch and have a great connection, but sometimes I yellow bar even when I host.  Plus keep in mind, that if a certain user lives in s household where other people use the internet, they may lag.  I'm not saying people don't lag switch, because they do..  but with that said, in most cases its just a bad connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Eh, thats not a case of "Bad Connection", I watched the youtube video and I noticed every time the guy got next to some one,  that person would freeze. Thats not a case of "Bad Connection", that is a Lag Switcher. Also if you look through the comments, the guy was apparently banned. Which probley means he was running a lag switch.

Sorry this didn't help.

I wasn't referring to this particular case and I probably should have been more clear.  Now that I watched the video, its clear he is using some form of lag switch.  But I will also say, this type of behavior doesn't always mean "lag switch".  My gf had this issue herself, turns out it was from her using her cell to stream music from the internet while playing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Lol yea, the more internet connections your useing the bigger your lag.

Sorry this didn't help.

Right, not only that but if you're in a party or lobby, you're connection is only as good as the host.

Sorry this didn't help.

Solution: Report him for Tampering on his Xbox profile, head over to the CoD forums and report him to one of the mods there as well.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was playing Black Ops 2 and i was accused of lag switching. I honestly have no idea what it is but he said he was posting on forums and trying to get people to report me. He told me that he called xbox. At first i wasnt that worried but now that i see that it is happening so often with people that actually do lag switch i feel as if Microsoft will ban me and finally be able to say that they have got one down. I DO NOT LAG SWITCH. If i get banned for something i did not do i will be furious. Note to the enforcement team you better have your evidence straight before you do something.

Sorry this didn't help.