Licensing when two accounts are involved

A while back I bought Tales of Vesperia on my brother's Xbox Live account, as I didn't have one. There wasn't enough space on his HDD, so I bought a new HDD for myself and made an Xbox Live account on it, but as I'd purchased the game on my brother's account we had to use his account to download the game.

Now I have my own Xbox 360 and I've transferred the data from the HDD to my new console, but because it was my brother's account that downloaded the game I don't have the license for it and can't play it. I can't do a license transfer using my brother's account as it appears to transfer all licenses in one go, so it'll transfer them all to my console and he won't be able to play any of his own downloaded games on his console for the next 4 months.

Is there a way to resolve this, or am I simply going to have to spend another £20 to buy it on my own account?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The best thing to do would be to just repurchase it under your own account.

But to clarify, even if you do the license transfer, your brother would still be able to use his downloaded content as long as he is signed into Live on his console. But if he were to ever get a new console and have to do the license transfer again, it would remove the licenses from your console as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.