License Transfer

THe license transfer isn't working. Cleared cache, redownloaded the games + DLC, still not working. There is no error message just says it cannot communication and to go to a support site, which tells you to go on the Xbox and do the license transfer which is what gives you the error message in the first place. 

I called Microsoft and they said if I went to tier 3 to do a manual transfer it can take 30 days or MORE to complete. I see others with this issue on here and microsoft has to fix this issue themselves.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello FlyinParkingLot! Are you using a first party transfer cable? If not, this could be why you're running into this error. Can you tell us exactly what the error messages says? Or provide the code you see? This will help us determine why exactly you're receiving the error in the first place! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is the online license transfer from my gamertag to my xbox, not from Hard Drive to hard drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

What kind of error do you receive? A code?

Did you try to access the menue with your gamertag on another console to see if the same error message appears?

Did you try to recover your gamertag already?

If nothing helps i would, in your case, contact the support so they can let Tier3 do it as you said.

Even if it takes 30 days it will be better than to not use your licenses anymore.

During that time you should be able to continue using most of your games if you use the gamertag which purchased them and if you are connected to xbox live (gamertag license should still work).

As far as i know the internet page license transfer does not work anymore since they changed the license transfer to the smaller time frame (every 120 days now).

Sorry this didn't help.