License Transfer Questions

Hi, I have some questions about the License Transfer system that I would like to have answered before I try it. I have tried searching for them, but I have not seen them answered anywhere yet.

So my scenario is, me and my brother have two separate accounts on the same Xbox 360 slim. On our older console, everything was fine, because if one of us bought and downloaded something, both of us could use it. Now however, on our new console, it only lets each of us use the dlc and arcade games from the old console that we bought, i.e. I can only play about half of the dlc for Borderlands, despite having them all, because I only bought half for my profile, while my brother bought the rest.

So I was wondering if a license transfer could consolidate it again, so all of our purchases will be available to the console, rather than be dependent on online status and which profile is used.

ALSO, if I were to use the transfer process, does the old console (the one with the licenses being taken from) have to be hooked up to LIVE?

Thanks in advanced.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

License Migration FAQ

In order for things to be the way they were on the new console as they were on the old console each one of you, since you both bought DLC on your seperate accounts, will need to do the license migration process. Once you do that you will have no issues sharing the content again. And no, DLC is licensed to the ACCOUNT that downloaded it and to the console it is downloaded to. There is no way to tie the downloads to just the console and not to the account that purchased it.

No, the old console does NOT need to be connected to XBL.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.