License transfer question: Two household consoles

I have two xbox consoles, one upstairs in our bedroom and one downstairs in the living room. My girlfriend doesn't really like me playing loud games late at night so I've taken to playing my games downstairs on the second xbox. Problem is, that console is not connected to the internet and won't be any time soon. (so please don't suggest it) I want to play my arcade games and use my downloadable content on that console while offline, that means I have to do a license transfer. I'm okay with that, I know how to do it, this isn't my first rodeo. However, I also sometimes have to play my upstairs console offline too...

So the question of the day is: If I transfer the licenses of my content to the second console to be used offline, will the first console loose the ability to play them offline or will both retain the ability?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Only one console can have the official licenses.  Transferring them to the second console will mean that the first console no longer has them, although you may find that content sill works on the first console if it does not get any updated license information (for example, if you left it offline permanently after doing the license transfer).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That's what I thought however, my cousin had bought a Halo 3 edition 360 console from a co-woker when he upgraded to a new xbox and it was packed with arcade games and DLC that his friend purchased. He was able to sign in online and play all of the content and then after he stopped paying his cable bill spent months on end playing the games offline also.

I would have just assumed that it removed the offline licenses but after witnessing that I had begun to wonder.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.