License Transfer question - as a parent.

I hope this is the right section, sorry if it isn't.

First off, this is an XBOX household. My wife, son and I all have XBOX Live Gold access so we are familiar with Live and XBOX.  About two months ago, my son gave his password out to a 'friend' online.  He didn't tell us for 5 hours and when he finally did it took nearly two hours to recover his account. He was locked out of his account the minute he gave it out.  Also, we had drilled into him before this never to give personal information out to anyone ever, including passwords.  As a result of this, when we recovered his profile, we changed his password and will not give it to him.  That episode cost us $40.00.  We got lucky because the mortgage and bills had already been taken out so we had under $50 in the account.

Last night he had a friend over and his friend brought his XBOX over.  He kept bugging us for the password (we didn't give in) because he wanted to update his Bio and do a Content License Transfer.  He wants to 'give' his DLC or whatever to his friend.  As an adult I know this goes against the TOS, the 13-year old in me understands that he is not trying to break any rules or laws, he just wants to share.  Because of this, I have to say 'NO' and he doesn't understand why.  He thinks I am doing it just to be a jerk.  I looked over the content license transfer page ( http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content ) and he has zero chance of understanding that. It doesn't actually say you can't give your content to your friends or that doing so is against the TOS or that you can get banned for it.  So, can anyone post another reference or any information in general that might be understandable by a 13-year old about Content License Transfers?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

www.xbox.com/.../CodeOfConduct

•Don't give out personal information of other players (such as their real name, address, phone number, credit card number, etc.) in any way (including, without limitation, through voice chat or the names you create for your gamertag or mottos). This information could be used by other players for illegal or harmful purposes. You should also avoid giving out your own personal information

•Don’t lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual.

•Don’t use your account for commercial purposes (including, without limitation, trading services or in-game content for currency or Microsoft Points).

also it should be noted that all console rights are transfered meaning that the child cannot use transfer the content for 120days again

meaning he will have to remain online at all times to use the content on your home console

personally if i were you i'd send the "friend" home and have a chat with the other child's parents

you child should never be pressured into giving away his games

in order to the license transfer the child must recover the account on the new console and then redownload it

this is dangerous and liable to find funny charges on your creditcard

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1.Dispute the illegitimate charges on your account.

2."Don’t lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual. " - code of conduct

Being caught giving away DLC (or arcade games, or anything on your account) will earn you a permanent suspension.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.