License Transfer ban possible?

I created a new account hoping not to be investigated so I can stop what I'm doing if its not allowed. I, and with 3 other accounts, am in the xbox live gold family plan. I wanted to get the other "family members DLC" so I recovered its account and did a license transfer. I then downloaded 2 dlc items purchased on that account to my xbox and I was able to play them online with a other acount. The DlC was purchased legiminatley. Is this allowed because i dont want to get banned over something I can get for 20 bucks. thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there Osprey! I understand you have some concerns about playing games purchased by other accounts. This is totally fine and is part of the license system. Basically game licenses work like this:

• Anyone can play the game on the console that currently has the license (console it was purchased on or transferred to).
  • Anyone can play the game on other consoles if the profile that purchased it is connected to LIVE on that console.

Please let me know if that helps explain how it works. Don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.