License Issues

Hi,

I have 2 Xbox 360 consoles. I have Terraria on both. I recently started playing the game again on one console, as there was an update a while ago. When i went to open the game it did the update and a console update. It then opened the game but acts as though it were a demo. I looked on the forums and people say that doing a license transfer fixes this. When i went to do the transfer, it says i can only do it once a year and have to wait until 19/04/14 to do it again.... Seriously? i have to wait a year to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I forgot to mention that the problem was when i tried opening the game on the second console hah.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The restriction on license transfers is to prevent individuals from performing marketplace theft by transferring licenses to a friend's console and then the owner playing the game on their console while on Live. Typically you would not need to do a license transfer within a year unless you transitioned through 3 consoles. If console A broke and you bought console B you could transfer the licenses to console B, then re-download the games, then console B would be good to go on or offline. Even if console A didn't break you wouldn't have to perform the license transfer as long as you are using console B while connected to Live with the profile that made the original purchase. You can try contacting Microsoft Phone Support but unless you can convince them otherwise due to your situation they will likely tell you that you need to wait out the time period.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.