License issue

Hello all,

I have a license issue, first of all I have read the different post regarding this case (Mister Gwyther and Judge Bergan) but they were not helpful.

So, I replaced my Elite with a Slim, transferred the HD content, used the license transfer utility from the site and re-download my entire download history.

Everything worked fine except for some games, these games are now full version with my profile but are demo version with the other profiles stored on my console ( connected or not to Xbox Live).

I’ve tried to remove and download these games again, but this has not solved the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I had this same problem when I switched my console.  Go to your memory and delete your profile only (not profile and games).  Then recover your profile to the new xbox.  This should solve your problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately this doesn't solve my problem, but I found the solution.

While browsing the game list, I noticed that the demo version were games downloaded with my wife's profile or my son's one.

So I tried your advice, but it doesn't worked, at last I used the licence transfer tool from the console with my wife's account, just to see...

Then I downloaded again from her dowload history a game and this solved my issue, I can see now the previous demo game is full version.

I have now to continue with the other games because 16 games was involved, however I don't understand what turned wrong during the entire license transfer process as I was switching from the Elite to the Slim.

Thank again.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Boombaa"]I don't understand what turned wrong during the entire license transfer process as I was switching from the Elite to the Slim.[/quote]

Nothing went wrong: every profile has to do the License Transfer on their own, under their own profile. I think your first post must have been incorrect: after your profile did the License Transfer and re-downloaded, the games that didn't work must have been trial versions for you and full version for her. You didn't mention multiple profiles, so you couldn't get the correct answer to your question.

It wouldn't make sense for you to be able to transfer all licenses to a new console for any user who had ever bought content on your old console. What if you'd had roommates who have since moved away, or a friend who bought one item on your console? They'd want to do their own transfers to their own new consoles.

However, if you ever have a console repaired, Support should move all licenses for that console ID to the new console ID, if necessary. This would change all the profiles' licenses, but only the licenses for the one console, which is something a user can't do for themselves in the License Transfer tool.

Sorry this didn't help.

You're right, so that means once the license transfer process from the site is done, all other profiles must transfer their own licences and re-download their own download history, but this is not mentioned anywhere.

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no need to involve the site in the process at all. You can do the license transfer on the console alone, it's in the Account Management section.

Sorry this didn't help.