Licence Transfer problem

Hi

I purchased Minecraft on my account because my son wanted it (and doesn't have a credit card), however, I bought it on the family console in the living room so the licence was attached to this console meaning my son couldn't play it on his personal console in his bedroom.

I logged in to my profile on his console and went to the transfer licence screen. I was expecting it to give me a list of my licences and I was going to select Mincraft to transfer the licence to his console. However, no such list appeared and it simply said it transferred all content licences for everything I've ever bought to his console. This is not what I wanted. I told him unfortunately it looked like the licence will have to stay on the family console in the living room. I went back downstairs and went to transfer the licences back but it said I have to wait until sometime in February.

This has caused all sorts of problems! Now no one in the family can access any of the content I've purchased on the family console except for me (my son is pretty happy to have it on his console though).

Is there anyway someone at xbox.com can reset the licences to the family console please as I seem unable to (until February).

Many thanks for your time

A Blues fan

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

OK, thanks for the quick replies.

I guess I will have to contact support (I live in the UK) as I don't want it to remain like this for 4 months!

Thanks again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

With license transfers it is not a pick and choose

You will have to call support but most likely you will have to wait till the 4months

because when it transfer the licenses it is done

Sorry this didn't help.

You can try contacting support, but generally they will only do a manual transfer under certain circumstances so there is no guarantee they will do one. Otherwise you have to wait the 4 months until you can do a transfer again. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.